Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Cashier's checks and certified checks are fine if you know what to do besides just depositing them.

Within reasonable limits, banks ARE REQUIRED to cash what's called an "ON US" check. If you get a cashier's check or certified check drawn on a major "nationwide" bank, like Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Huntington, Fifth-Third, PNC, or TFC, go to the nearest branch and ask then to cash your check. You'll have to face some anti--fraud procedures and may have to pay a nominal fee, but you'll get your money then and there. If they won't cash your check, ask the branch to at least verify that your item is "genuine". Since these checks are almost impossible to stop, ypou'll have time to deposit the check at your bank. The funds are immediately available to you.

In a few sales, I've taken PERSONAL (yes, personal) CHECKS drawn on either Chase or B of A and went to the nearest branch & cashed the check before shipping the goods.

2. N0HWJ

N0HWJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Super job guys. Hope this ass gets his. Sorry I am not working anymore, I think I could have followed up on this jerk. Don

3. W2PH

W2PH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Watch out for scammer Alan Featherstone with numerous emails. He has a million different lines always in broken written English.
    Ed W2PH

4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that his real name? What callsign is he using?