Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Cashier's checks and certified checks are fine if you know what to do besides just depositing them.

Within reasonable limits, banks ARE REQUIRED to cash what's called an "ON US" check. If you get a cashier's check or certified check drawn on a major "nationwide" bank, like Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Huntington, Fifth-Third, PNC, or TFC, go to the nearest branch and ask then to cash your check. You'll have to face some anti--fraud procedures and may have to pay a nominal fee, but you'll get your money then and there. If they won't cash your check, ask the branch to at least verify that your item is "genuine". Since these checks are almost impossible to stop, ypou'll have time to deposit the check at your bank. The funds are immediately available to you.

In a few sales, I've taken PERSONAL (yes, personal) CHECKS drawn on either Chase or B of A and went to the nearest branch & cashed the check before shipping the goods.

2. N0HWJ

N0HWJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Super job guys. Hope this ass gets his. Sorry I am not working anymore, I think I could have followed up on this jerk. Don

3. W2PH

W2PH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Watch out for scammer Alan Featherstone with numerous emails. He has a million different lines always in broken written English.
    Ed W2PH

4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that his real name? What callsign is he using?

5. AA6QX

AA6QX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks ... very slick fishing scheme

6. W5DPH

W5DPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Watch out for SCAMMER brent willace, using email w5dph.brent@gmail.com He's using my callsign and name to promote his scam. Terrible.

7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Wouldn't you just love to have 5 to 10 minutes of un interrupted time behind the wood shed to help him know the error of his ways??
    John, WB0MPB

WD4IGX and KK4CCA like this.
  8. KD2C

KD2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, do not deal with Alan Featherstone it's a scam. He does not give a call sign and asks to send to paypal account: ajm4713@gmail.com . I just recouped my money from PayPal after he claimed to have a filter I needed. BEWARE!

Dave KD2C

9. W5DPH

W5DPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just so all of you know, If you will contact Paypal and report the fraudulent email address to them, they will immediately look into the matter. Sometimes you need to play with the scammers a bit to get them to give you their paypal email to send the money to. I spoke with Paypal last night about w5dph.brent@gmail.com and also kelvindickson@seznam.cz his paypal account. They were very appreciative of the heads up and immediately the emails stoped flowing from him to me. When I say I spoke to paypal, they will actually call you back when its a matter of spoofs or scams.

10. N3NER

N3NER Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's another one guys, I think his email has been stated in the past. The email hie is using (which is not his) is ac2rwprashant@gmail.com and his name is Prashant Karkare. He tried using a pic off the internet to sell me a Flex 5000C..