ad: MyAnt-1

Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Use spamcop.net to report the scammer's email address.

2. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

ke4ott@gmail.com solicited me with a "2 month old" (LOL) Sencore tube tester after I asked the price on a for sale post for same.

Beware! Or, be aware!

3. AD5MD

AD5MD Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't like posting messages of this nature but I believe it is a moral obligation on my part to warn others. Beware, or better yet....DO NOT DEAL with Wendell Paypa, AE6WR. He is a scum bag. There was also a post on the feedback forum on QTH. COM about him but it was too late when I read it. Sad part, I know him personally from waayyyy back and was not expecting him to pull one on me.

It would be too long of a story if I post everything here. If you want to know all about it send me a message with your email address and I will reply. 73, Ernie AD5MD

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

When did this happen Ernie?

5. AD5MD

Deal started last week of July.....

6. AD5MD

Latest update as of 30 mins ago....was informed by people I have reached out to who knew him...he might have moved out of CA to either TX or TN. Watch out for him posting items for sale! He has top of the line equipment pictured on his bio but wouldn't settle a small amount he owes!

7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

I think we are missing way too much of what happened or both sides of the story. Looking at his QRZ WENDELL R PAYPA does not look like a scammer, if you are really dealing with the guy that has that page set up.

Although the email looks good and it is an active page with a lot of information and was last updated 3/11/16 and it has 19000 + lookups (for what ever that is worth) the guy in the pictures just doesn't look like one that would scam someone.
    But, there are 2 things on the page that I find interesting. The log book stops with a lot of activity on 2014-10-26 08:42. That was a Sunday but I don't know if there was a contest going on that day.
    The other thing is the wording of the info on the page. It keeps saying "His...." or "Wendell is"....."AE6WR is....."
    It is written like it was written for him by someone kind of like an obituary. I don't know this means anything but "I" think it is kind of different.

I would love to hear the whole story before I condemned the man. You may be right in everything you say and that Wendell is a scammer or someone saying they are Wendell scammed you but someone does not usually steal a identity on QRZ with an email and that much info on the page.

It is just interesting in my opinion.

John, WB0MPB

8. AD5MD

John,

I sure do appreciate your critical analysis of my post. Let it be known among the forum readers that I know Wendell personally. I will not berate nor tarnish anyones reputation if I have no concrete proof. Yes, he thus have an active biography here on QRZ, showing everything he has and his accomplishments in the hobby, but it does not justify his deed.

I have exhausted all possible efforts to reach him and make him settle his obligation, but it proved futile. To say the least, try and search for a feedback posted on the FEEDBACK FORUM by another ham on QTH.COM and decide for yourself....that one is even worst and involved way more than what he did and owes me.

As I have mentioned in my post, I am willing to share the lengthy transaction details with him, including my messages to reach out to him of my communication which fell on deaf ears, but not here. If you want to read it send me your email and I will be more than glad to share it with you.

Ernie

9. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Ernie,

Most will not se your message post here. You need to start a new thread in the "Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs" forum. The moderator KN7S will help you out there.

10. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

I do see where allegedly Paypa bought a Kenwood TS 950sdx and the check bounced per the seller KF4TOH in early 2015. This is on QRZ and eHam.net and QTH.com.
    That is all I found in two pages of Google. There are lots of other hits about him doing other things other than scamming.
    So if that is what he did to you just say it. That way others will know what to look out for. Use what happened to you to help others. The bad thing about what happened to KF4TOH is that he took a check and did not wait for the check to clear before sending his Kenwood to Paypa.
    The only reason I would get on you for getting scammed is if you used Paypal "friend's and family". Other wise you got cheated by a bad man and I don't like thieves very well!!

So whatever happened I hope you get it worked out somehow.

John, WB0MPB