ad: elecraft

Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Except that one way to detect a scam is to search for the same picture but having a different callsign, using Google images.

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Assuming that everyone knows how to do that. The fact that it seems many don't even know how to use the 'search' function in the forums would tell me that many don't.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are running Google Chrome, just right-click on the photo and chose "Search Google for image".

W6LEO and N0TZU like this.
  4. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another method is to open a second browser window to images.google.com, then use the mouse drag and drop the image onto the search field.

W6LEO likes this.
  5. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K4LMP

K4LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone posing as K4LYS, Paul, trying to sell me a FRG-7. I asked for photos, with call sign. I got photos pulled straight from Ebay, with no call sign. He asked for friends and family on Paypal. Be aware.

W6LEO likes this.
  7. WV8X

WV8X Ham Member QRZ Page

VA3HRO ripped me off for 340 on a Palstar tuner. Like an idiot I fell for the send PayPal as gift/family. The package was lost by Canada Post and Insurance paid off July 11 and he now will not answer emails. Still selling stuff here though. Beware of this guy.

8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Was that for the AT1500DT he had listed? Starting in Feb. he started listing lots of stuff. Will he be banned? Googled the call and back in 2014 on eham it was reported as a hijacked call.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    W6LEO likes this.
  9. WA9YOZ

WA9YOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

bad trader w1jcw

10. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone is pretending to be Michael Towers, N5RXP. After he saw me post interest in a for sale item here he emailed me offering same item for less. N5RXP has no email listed on his Zed page. Could have been anyone emailing me.