ad: NI4L-2

Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. KK4LLS

KK4LLS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Almost got scammed.
    Hi Michael,

In response to your wanted advert on QRZ I have for sale my Yaesu FT-7900R/E in a mint and cosmetic condition.
    Mobile has 5 months on it. Used as the original owner in a non smoking home.
    Looking to buy one with higher range so I'm willing to sell this one off to you at $170.
    (Negotiable)
    PayPal Only
    Shipping exclud.

Mark Foskey
    KM4RFI
    [​IMG]
    I can do $160 cash. I am in Crestview and can pickup tonight.

Mike
    KK4LLS
    850-xxx-xxxx

Sent from my iPhone

I'm sorry but I mentioned PayPal Only
    I could include shipping. That's my best offer

Mark

Ok, I am confused. I am more than willing to pay cash. I live less than 2 miles so pick up is not a problem. And you said negotiable.

Sent from my iPhone

2. WB5THT

WB5THT Ham Member QRZ Page

"Looking to buy one with higher range.."

Higher range? That's a clear signal the seller hasn't a clue.

KK4LLS likes this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The slightly odd grammar is also a red flag.

WB5THT, KK4LLS and WD4IGX like this.
  4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup. And "sorry, not interested" (or just ignore it) is all that's really necessary.

KK4LLS likes this.
  5. WB4OZM

WB4OZM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a NEW scammer to add to the list. He is using Curtis J Bisesi (K2WOP) b/c the real Curtis doesn't have an email address on his QRZ page. This person is very good as he also provided a QSL card in front of the Flex 6500 with Maestro to sell me.

6. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Curtis J Bisesi scammer has been going on here for months - nothing new. Search this thread for "Curtis J Bisesi".

7. K4CLP

K4CLP Ham Member QRZ Page

I just received a random email from Curtis J Bisesi asking if I would be interested in a Yaesu 857D. Oddly enough I was looking around last night for another and had picked one up but had not at any time broadcasted my intention to the general public. How is this email possible? Any thoughts would be great.

8. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...ystems-and-beanbag-mount.572318/#post-4323854

K4CLP likes this.
  9. K4CLP

K4CLP Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

KD2LMR posted a forsale for a FT-817ND. The ad has no pictures and their QRZ profile has no email address. I posted a reply asking for an email address and photos. What I got was an email from kc9qqc@yahoo.com stating they're selling their "ultimate qrp station." The email contained no pictures and again the profile contains no email. Consider KD2LMR and KC9QQC's accounts compromised. I'm wondering how many accounts on QRZ have been compromised? I think a list of those callsigns should be created and made public so we can stop these foreign criminals.