Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, dumb question but - where do I FIND these email addresses that are supposed to be listed on QRZ? I've looked at several profiles and can't find it, nor can I find where it shows on mine. I did list my address to sign up and all, but if there's another place to put it in the profile I can't find it. I feel like I'm missing something very, very obvious but I've looked several times for addresses people specifically said where there and I've given up and decided to ask.

2. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's on your QRZ lookup page, under your name and address. You must hover your mouse over it to make it appear. This is to avoid email harvesting bots.

Oh just noticed thst yours in particular is not showing. Thst means you probably didn't supply a public email for it. To do that, you edit your call sign page details.

3. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, ok. I wouldn't think I'd have overlooked that "use mouse to view" but anyway - fixed mine, it should be showing up now. Thanks!

4. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, I just posted on a post for a cobweb antenna and then I got this for cheaper. Does not sound legit.

For sale is my 5 months old MFJ-1835 Cobweb Antenna in a mint and cosmetic condition. I'm the original owner and used it in my antenna farm with my ham radios.

Only reason I'm selling is to raise funds for an upgrade.

Asking $150 PayPal. Ship 48

Mark Foskey

KM4RFI

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

It is.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Another "active scammer"

DO NOT respond to any emails from someone pretending to be KK7H (AK7H1@outlook.com)

He keeps emailing his scam crap but finally blocked him. It's a "please help me by sending cash and I'll pay you back" BS

Dave
    W7UUU

7. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

IOW, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

These guys think we're all idiots. My favorite response (after "PLONK") is,
    I was born on a Wednesday but, not LAST Wednesday. ;)

KE6N, WD4IGX and W7UUU like this.
  8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

They probably make nice chunk of change on under 10% of us!

I bet we would be amazed at how many suckers there really are out there, and how much money these guys get away with.

9. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

There are still a lot of people out there that must not read to see what is going on around them. People post warning people of some scam, that has been going on for years, like they are the first one ever to get scammed in the way they got scammed.
    John WB0MPB

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Too many people live their lives oblivious.