ad: Radclub22-1

Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Be it known that probably 99.99% of these scammers are NOT part of our 'community' though, merely leeches swimming in the murky internet pond looking for any blood to suck.

2. NC4KG

NC4KG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Insert Kenwood TS 590S and a different price . That is almost identically worded to my emails. I played along and asked for age on the radio. Got a response of 2 months old. Told him I was pretty sure that it had been out of production for a few years and asked a few more questions. No response to questions but an immediate drop of $50 in price. Stuck with my original seller and bought locally.

Glenn NC4KG

3. K2GK

K2GK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Beware my fellow Hams. I receiced this the other day.....
    Greetings!
    I have a rather delicate question, which affects directly to you. Don't be surprised from where I know you! The fact is that I have got already a second message from the unknown person which claims that you are engaged in fraud. He insists, that you forced him transfer funds on your PayPal account under fictional preposition. However,at the same time he specified your private information up to address:

Gary kushnick
    2668 Elm dr
    Bellmore
    Ny

Now he is collecting data and planing to contact the police. I advise you to familiarize yourself with the information that he sent to me. I have attached kushnick.doc with a copy of all of his writings.
    Document was password-protected - 9112

Please explain to me what's going on. I think that all of this was a absurd mistake.

Regards,
    Billi Urrey

I did not open the attachment for fear of computer armageddon.
    73, Beware as stay vigilant, k2gk

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Boy, that's a new one.....

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds just like the Nigerian Prince who wanted to send me $30,000,000 if I would just pay the transfer/documentation/legal/etc. fees.

6. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Clever. If only they would expend as much effort on legitimate work...

7. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Was the extension in fact .doT ?? I found other reports of this and what they are saying is that attempting to open the file will result in ransom ware installed on your machine that of course for a sum of $$ they will release your kidnapped machine.

8. KF6AJM

KF6AJM Ham Member QRZ Page

He is definitely around. He responded to an ad for a portable radio I was, and still am looking for (anyone got an Alinco DJ-582 for sale?), offering to sell me one for $60. Wording on his response was identical to all the other folks that have received messages from him. I asked him for photos of the item, and never heard back from him. I would imagine it's because there aren't really anything other than stock photos of the '582.

That is also the same e-mail address I received the message from.

Having not heard back from him and being slightly suspicious of his wording, and even more suspicious of the price, I checked here. Sure enough, it's a scam.

THANK YOU GUYS for discussing these people here in the thread. Made my life a WHOLE LOT easier. 73!

9. K4HBK

K4HBK Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU from me too. I just got an email from Curtis that looks just like all the others from the same email address.

10. N7AWM

N7AWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, he sent me an e-mail offering to sell me a YAESU G-450A Rotor & Control Box in a good working condition after I posting to anther seller on here selling one. And for only $200 bucks.

Curtis J Bisesi <hdisme455@gmail.com>
    YAESU G-450A Rotor & Control Box

I have for sale a YAESU G-450A Rotor & Control Box in a good working condition . Comes with manual , cables , original box . Asking $200 shipped . Let me know if you are interested .

Needless to say I just ignored him. Got to some way to trace him through Google I would think.
    Allen
    N7AWM