Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

It is the anonymity of the internet. If you use an established ISP for your e-mail the IP address can be easily traced to almost your front door. If you use gmail, yahoo, outlook.com or similar the trail stops at their nearest server - hard to track beyond that.

If you want to see a lot of scamming in action go to websites selling cameras, telescopes or even used auto parts. Wow it is gruesome.

2. AG1TX

AG1TX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep.. Curtis is back!

I keep up with this thread and recognized his name right off. However, I played along to waste his time.

His photoshop skills are lacking! o_O

Here is his current email: Curtis J Bisesi <hdisme455@gmail.com>

Attached Files:

3. N0ZGR

N0ZGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

K5KT is an account that was hacked a few days ago. The scammer has been using this k5ktradio@aol.com for some time. This is not the real K5KT.

5. N0ZGR

N0ZGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you!

6. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know if I can get this in words but I just have a hard time wrapping my head around someone's thinking that they are OK with themselves for scamming people out of money. I just can't imagine ever doing that to another human being. I guess I just can't get that evil in my mind. How can a person live with themselves after scamming someone out of their had earned money. It leaves me scratching my head. I once was shopping and stuck a roll of packing tape in my pocket cause my hands got full. I forgot it was in my pocket and did not pay for it. It was just a cheap 2 dollar roll of tape but I could not wait to get back to the store and tell them I forgot I had a roll of tape in my pocket and forgot to pay for it and had to pay them for it to be able to live with myself. The cashier seemed kind of surprised that I would come back just to pay for it but I could not stand it knowing I had taken it without paying for it.
    Well some people are I guess just plain evil and don't have a problem living knowing they have taken someone for some money. I just never could do that and live with it.

John, WB0MPB

KM6JZN, WB5THT and AJ4GQ like this.
  7. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

John, WB0MPB

There are a some psychopathic personalities out there who feel no remorse for such deeds. I am referring to society in general, not ham radio in particular.

Sad to say, but with the minimal value placed on life and how easy it is for some to take it...such scams are not surprising at all in comparison. Look at how some people mistreat their children or even abuse pets who cannot defend themselves.

For some it's a lack of conscience....for others it may be a drug habit that drives the behavior. The moral code is inconsistent from one individual to another.

WB0MPB likes this.
  8. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

You are right. Thanks for the response. It is sad we have to live watching out for people trying to take what we worked hard for.
    I just got my motorcycle a couple months ago and have a rotor lock on it, a hand brake lock on it, a heavy duty chain with lock on it and an alarm to put on it and it is fully insured and lights on each side of it if anyone comes near it they turn on. It is a pain when I want to ride it but if someone wants to take it the are going to have to work to get it. I have done all I can do to protect it. A neighbor had a nice bike and no protection on it. He did not have it long before it was stolen. The police found it but it was a total loss when he got it back. At least he had insurance on it and they called it totaled. It was a mess when the truck unloaded it here and he got it back.

John WB0MPB

9. K8ZFJ

K8ZFJ Ham Member QRZ Page

'few days ago received reply from ak6r who was interested in purchasing my radio, and would send paypal once he returned home. My spidey sense should have kicked in when he wanted a picture of radio with his call sign next to it...the picture sent had info requested, but i added words "sold to ...". a few days of no replies to email, so i called him...turns out another had taken his call and attached to an outlook mail.
    Seems, scamming on both ends of spectrum now...its too bad, de randy, k8zfj

10. KU9COR

KU9COR Ham Member QRZ Page

There are some who just look at the posts here and don't see people at the other end of it. Instead, they literally see marks to be fleeced of whatever money they can get. Pretty appalling when you think about it.

I look at this element of humanity as pitiable, I won't stoop to their level and label them "less than human," but they certainly represent the lowest order of thinking. Using community to enrich yourself at that community's expense is pretty despicable behavior.