ad: rfparts

Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W3SCA

W3SCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It was posted on QTH.com and I talked with K3ELM last night. It seems the scammer created an email in gmail "ernestmellinger@gmail.com" and that is what he is using. He is also using the address of K3ELM which is incorrect since he moved but still listed here on QRZ.

2. KG7CWG

KG7CWG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a side note to your post is that there are hundreds of phishing emails going out each day from addresses on Yahoo. Everything from marriage counseling to insurance help and bank statements. Don't trust anything from a Yahoo address unless you know who it is.

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

While that is true (but probably more like THOUSANDS), the majority of the scammers I've seen posted here are using gmail addresses. Still... IMO the best strategy is don't trust any email contents unless you know who it is... and even then, if it looks suspicious, it could well be.

4. WA5ZFP

WA5ZFP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This guy is all over watch out for him. This was the email i received
    Hi ,

Here is an attached photo of what i want .
    [Scammer's URL deleted] - KN7S

5. KD0AMF

KD0AMF Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a WTB ad here on QRZ and have received an email from bremmersproperties@gmail.com. He has sent me 4 pictures of different radios, on 2 of which were a TM-V7A. He insisted on me paying with Money Gram and he said it was his dad's who has passed on. He would not take a picture of the radio with a newspaper or periodical in the picture.
    I did a quick google search and found he as done this on other forums as well. KEEP A WATCHFUL EYE OUT.
    Here was his first email:

Howdy! I am doing major sales of extra spares and plenty others from
    dismantled parts cars. Perhaps, you should let me know if there are
    other parts you are looking to purchase. E-mail to me an available
    phone number and a list to bremmersproperties@gmail.com

Regards,

John Bremmer
    USA

6. WB6FFC

WB6FFC Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just contacted by this guy today, I was looking at a HP power supply, this guy said he had one less expensive and included shipping, wanted a postal money order. His QRZ page has no e-mail listed.
    Said to send the check to his wife, that is what got me looking at this page. his e-mail was ol.N8DVX@gmail.com .

7. KE0BFY

KE0BFY Ham Member QRZ Page

He IS a KNOWN scammer to PayPal... he got me ... but they rversed the charge right away ....

8. KC7I

KC7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Then they should have closed the account and notified authorities. I don't know why they don't take action.

9. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

This is a scammer masquerading as N8DVX. The actual N8DVX account is clean with no issues. Since this is an e-mail scam and does not go through the QRZ website, there is nothing that we can do short of cautioning folks. That has been done over and over with this call and others.

10. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

KC7I was referring to PayPal, not QRZ.