ad: Radiohaus-1

Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
  1. N3GY

N3GY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'M TALKING ABOUT ME RIGHT NOW - even the i also i understand is Lots of Honest Ham Operators out there like my self.. ,,, That's why i don't mess with paypal or personal checks guys or trades ,,,, i only deal with a US POSTAL MONEY ORDER/ after they arrived i go to the post office and send the packaged and cash out the money order,,, sad to hear this comments lately about this scammers ,, out there ,, i got my Email set up <> I'm 100% Good on QRZ / and what i post is what they buyes will received with a tracking # ,,, Anyway Thank's yah all for the heads up,, Have a Bless & Safe Christmas to all.... 73's Hilton - N3GY Lake Erie,PA... / God Bless America - My Home Sweet Home ..

2. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got an email out of nowhere from someone using the call WB8CLQ, asking if I want to buy his HEIL headset. Checking it led me to this thread. The real Op doesn't have an email listed on QRZ so I figured it's time to investigate and glad I did. I replied asking for a phone number, which a friend in Homeland Security can check for location and registered name. If it isn't the real person and not a burner phone, some fellows in dark glasses and shiny shoes will be going to collect him.

J G
    KB2FMH

3. K7WXW

K7WXW Ham Member QRZ Page

WB8CLQ, whoever it is, is a busy little beaver. responded to a "wanted" ad i post a few days ago. i requested a photo of the gear with his call sign. i suspect i will not hear from again.

4. KK6KMO

KK6KMO Ham Member QRZ Page

5. NN4E

NN4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Had a I'll take it from cwjuvrud@gmail.com, he asked for my paypal address the sent this with a QRZ login harvesting page

Here is an attached photo of what i want .
    qrzens.nut.cc/Login by QRZ.COM.htm

Thanks and 73

A quick search for that name found a call with a different email.

Be careful,out there

6. W5CIA

W5CIA Ham Member QRZ Page

This is what the latest scam looks like:
    -------------

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 11:22 AM
    To: steve@w5cia.com
    Subject: Re: Tubular Ground Braid 7/8" ID or 1" Flat

Hi ,

Here is an attached photo of what i want .
    [URL Deleted]

Thanks and 73

------------
    Note the URL is NOT QRZ but a very nice pirate copy of the login page to steal your password.
    Anyway, I still have a bunch of ground braid for sale :~)

7. W4POO

W4POO Ham Member QRZ Page

I GOT A EMAIL TODAY ABOUT MY FT-950 THE GUY SAID HE WOULD TAKE IT JUST CLICK ON THE LINK, THIS IS WHAT I WON'T....HIM NAME CAME UP CARL W JUVRUD....CALL KP2L IN SC.

8. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats great for you as a seller, but for me as a buyer it leaves me completely unprotected. If you don't ship,or if you send me a box of bricks, there is not a thing I can do about it.

If I pay with paypal, assuming I dont send a gift payment, I can get a refund from paypal... this also applies to items with dishonest descriptions.

I've gotten more than a couple broken radios from qrz members described as working perfectly whether intentionally or not.

9. W3SCA

W3SCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Please watch out for K3ELM, Ernest Millinger. I was just taken for over $2500 for a radio I will never get. He is using QRZ to supposedly sell a SKs equipment but the address listed for him is not correct and I dont have any radio. It was my own fault I know but I want to warn others!

10. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

The K3ELM account was hacked sometime ago and has been closed for over 50 days. There are no posts on QRZ. Are you sure you didn't get this ad via e-mail?