Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC7I

KC7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Sellers are very much at risk with Paypal. The scammer can receive the radio, take parts from it, then claim it was not as advertised. The seller is left with junk and the scammer gets their money back. Paypal finds for the buyer in the vast majority of disputes.
    Always check out who you intend to do business with, whether you are buying or selling! Using Paypal can backfire, even for buyers.

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

"Always check out who you intend to do business with, whether you are buying or selling! Using Paypal can backfire, even for buyers."

And NEVER buy from an unsolicited e-mail.

3. N9CM

N9CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought an item from a fraudulent seller, had missing parts, loose parts inside, didn't work upon receipt. I asked either for a partial refund or return and he lied his way (as a seller) with Pay Pal and they rejected my issue even though I had photos of the defective item, etc. So, you get screwed either way with Pay Pal. They only are out to make money not to protect anyone...I am out a chunk thanks to this rip off artist...beware....

4. KI4BEA

KI4BEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone using KJ4VHS tried to sell me an FTM-400XDR today. When I requested pictures, he sent me pictures from the listing of another ham.

Someone else using WB8CLQ tried to sell me the same radio using a stock picture. I requested more pictures and he has not responded. The sentence structure in both
    emails was similar, so maybe the same person.

Beware.

5. N3GY

N3GY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank's for the heads up Fred , & Have a Bless & Safe Holidays with yours 73's De--> Hilton

6. KD0ZK

KD0ZK Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Was there a callsign used? a name? The more info the better the chance that someone will find your warning with more 'keywords' for a search.

8. KD0ZK

KD0ZK Ham Member QRZ Page

as of 23 December 2016 i just got off the phone at 1145 AM
    With Pay Pal this guy is FAKE he is a Scam He got $65.00 from me
    and i filed a CLAIM with pay pal THE PAY PAL REP SAID
    " HE IS FAKE "
    WA9Z [​IMG] USA

JAMES P WARNER
    27719 269th Ave
    Exline, IA 52555
    USA

Email: jim@exlinesignal.com

swap listing pasted
    Uniden Bearcat BC890XLT
    Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WA9Z, Dec 16, 2016.

9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's just say that I'm a bit skeptical about this one.

Tell us why the paypal rep said he is a fake.

10. WA9Z

WA9Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Barry,
    I went above and beyond normal expectation to properly package and get that package to the carrier expeditiously under adverse weather conditions. Then provided you with tracking proof that I had done my due diligence. The active shipping transaction can be viewed here at https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConf...c=1&text28777=&tLabels=9114901075742525056078

For that, you file a claim against me personally with Paypal because the post office didn't deliver it on time.

Paypal has recently requested the tracking number from me for proof that I shipped it. I have done that, just as I did for you. They're satisfied I acted honorably and responsibly.

You jumped the gun and filed the claim against me with Paypal for something that is out of the realm of my responsibility.

Barry, you've got the wrong guy.

We all know this is a difficult time of year shipping packages in time for Christmas, and it may just a hiccup in the postal system. A little patience may go a long way. If it does not surface in a timely manner, I will be glad to assist you in filing a postal claim. Nobody is scamming you.

Jim WA9Z

WR2E and N3AB like this.