ad: elecraft

Acrylic Dust Cover for the MAGNAKEYER Morse Code Paddle

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KC8J, Sep 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC8J

KC8J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

John, N4KHZ, likes to use his MagnaKeyer with the rear edge elevated so that the paddles are closer to the table. This allows him to rest his hand on the table and reduces stress while sending. John asked me to make a modified Acrylic Dust Cover for his MagnaKeyer. John sent me the inside measurements of the dust cover he wanted and I produced one for him. He was so pleased with it that he ordered a custom Acrylic Dust Cover for his Vizkey Cootie Key and is pleased with that one also.

Walt Hoppe, KC8J (formerly WA8KBU)

AJ4GQ likes this.
  2. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Walt

I was first licensed as WN8KBL in 1963. Our licenses were probably issued on the same day.

73 WC5P Paul

3. N4KHZ

N4KHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt's dust covers are beautiful!

20190515_205600.jpg 20190522_193642.jpg

W1BR and AJ4GQ like this.
  4. WJ4VA

WJ4VA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you offer covers for the Bencher BY series or Vibroplex Iambic?

5. KC8J

Jesse,
    Yes, I can make covers for the Bencher BY series or Vibroplex Iambic. I just need the INSIDE dimensions of the cover, the size (width and height) and location (centered or offset) of the opening in the rear of the cover for the cord and the opening in the front of the cover for the paddles to protrude. I normally add 0.100 inch to the inside dimensions to give you a little tolerance. I place a 0.125 inch radius in the upper corners of the front and back openings. Let me know what you need. My email address is good on www.qrz.com. Thanks! 73, Walt, KC8J

6. WJ4VA

WJ4VA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Walt,

I need to get a new battery for my calipers but will let you know the dimensions in an email soon.

73 Jesse WJ4VA

7. KC8J

Jesse, no problem. Just let me know when you are ready.
    73, Walt, KC8J

8. AJ6CU

AJ6CU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can i order one like this?

Mark
    AJ6CU

9. KC8J

Mark, AJ6CU, good morning. Do mean an acrylic dust cover for a MagnaKeyer with an elevated rear edge? Yes, I can make one of those for you. I will contact you via private email and get the details of how you modified your MagnaKeyer. Thank you for your inquiry.

Walt
    KC8J (formerly WA8KBU)

10. KC8J

Mark, AJ6CU, I am sorry, I could not find your email address on QRZ. My email is good on QRZ. Please send a private email to me so that I can get the details of the dust cover you would like for your MagnaKeyer.

Walt