Account change ?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KA6EZH, Mar 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KA6EZH

KA6EZH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

My current account (CedarWaxwing) was created before my call sign was published on 3/26/2019 by the FCC. My newly assigned call sign is KN6ATO.

Can my account be changed to my call sign instead of CedarWaxwing ?

I submitted an application for my dad's (Silent Key) callsign KA6EZH. Once approved I'll have to update my account again.

Many thanks!

Timothy P. Chapman
    KN6ATO

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
  2. KA6EZH

Please delete this posing. It was taken care of in another forum.
    Thanks.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Personal details have been edited out.

Dave
    W7UUU
    [Moderator]

4. KA6EZH

Thanks !

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Tim!

6. KA6EZH

Thanks!

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And good luck in getting approved for your Dad's call sign - shouldn't be a problem - just takes some time.

Once it's approved, just hang tight: the FCC update feed to QRZ is automatic and will update in a few days from the approval. Note that ever since the government shutdown FCC feeds have been a tad erratic - but it will update.

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KA6EZH

Thanks Dave...it will be nice to have his call because we never got together over the radio much...I was interested, but back then you needed to pass the dreaded CW Test

9. W7UUU

Good stuff :)

Just know that for a LOT of us the CW test was never dreaded, but welcomed :)

I've loved CW/Morse for a great many years

Dave
    W7UUU

10. KA6EZH

Understood☺
    Dad was a Signal man on the battleship USS New Mexico during WW2, so CW was like breathing for him......but for me it was just dots and dashes!

I would love to find someone who has one of his old QSL cards to incorporate into mine when I get his old call KA6EZH.