Accessing Classifieds

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by NEW1, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NEW1

NEW1 QRZ Member

Silly question...do I need to enroll my membership to fully access swap meet/classifieds? If so which membership do I enroll in?

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you a licensed ham? You have to have your account associated with a valid callsign. NEW1 won't cut it.

3. NEW1

NEW1 QRZ Member

4. NEW1

NEW1 QRZ Member

No joke? I have to have a Amateur Radio licence to access the classifieds?

5. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

No joke. Not kidding. I am sure someone will come along with a confirmation for you, but I don't think you realize how many scams trying to fraudulently separate hams from their money are seen here on a regular basis. One thing that makes that a bit less of a problem is to only have it available to licensed ham accounts. Still not perfect (they get hacked on occasion), but it helps.

If you are not a ham, what do you want to buy or sell?

Glenn AB3TQ

KK4NWW likes this.
  6. NEW1

NEW1 QRZ Member

I am not a scam therefore do not insinuate I am. If someone states I an not allowed to purchase a membership for the purpose of finding and purchasing a Tower, crankup, freestanding or guyed another suggestion type it on this thread now.

7. NEW1

NEW1 QRZ Member

In fact I will now exercise another right to OT communicate further as I will seek counsel once again and go to court. This time with not only discrimination, defamation and federal or civil suit which did not occur Wittgenstein other website. Money is not an issue! My rights by Law are. I'm finished now.

8. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds to me like you have more money than sense. Just go out and buy a damn tower and have it installed, Search craigslist, look around the community and find a tower at a house and take it down. Lots of towers that are up and people are not using them. A fool and his money is soon parted!!!

Bob

N2FTY likes this.
  9. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

1st The mention of scams is a biggy , but not the only reason , ham radio requires a license from the FCC , there are different levels , currently 3 - tech , general & extra .
    And registration here crosses over to the FCC , so that when you register here , the data base between the 2 complete a full registration , what have done so far is a partial [ without ham lic. ] .
    As an example , you have to have a drivers license to operate on public roads , etc.
    This is / was a technical hobby , so giving some detail of what your are doing , generally results in better / more direct answers ?
    So before you get upset about something you know little about , you may want to give it some thought & understanding .
    Or have your attorney confirm .

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

What a maroon!

WC5P likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.