AC outlet voltage at 78v.... that's just weird

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W7UUU, Nov 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Or, as a male friend would say, a garage with attached four bedroom house. :p:rolleyes:

AF7XT and N2EY like this.
  2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

EY:

Pointing out that there are exceptions to the rule where there are "licensed" persons who are not qualified is not "bashing". In any profession there are those people who just do not know their posterior from a hole in the ground. For most professions, such persons are definitely a small minority. However, it is always a good idea to get references, from several sources, before employing anyone to do any job no matter if the job requires a "professional" or "licensed" person or not.

Unfortunately, there are certain "professions" where the members seem to try to keep knowledge of inferior performing members secret and, at least in my opinion, such is definitely not good!

As for the "olde tyme" professional engineer practices in Texas, as a long time resident of the state, I definitely am not "proud" of this. There may be, or not, some other states in which such practices were common at one time or another. Since I don't live in any other state, I really do not have any reason to seek out this information.

Glen, K9STH

3. WA7PRC

Annoying formatting stripped:
    @N2EY notified that @K9STH replied to him.

N2EY likes this.
  4. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes it is, when it is done the way you did it.

BTW - MY CALL IS N2EY. Not "EY". YOUR USE OF JUST THE SUFFIX IS A CLASSIC PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE INSULT. BEING OLDER THAN ME DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO LOOK DOWN ON ME.

WB0MPB likes this.
  5. WA7PRC

The only way someone can/should look down on someone else is if (s)he is your parent, boss, outranks you... or is taller than you. :p:rolleyes:

AF7XT, W4IOA and N2EY like this.
  6. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

EY:

We have gone through this numerous times before! You are very aware that I am not "looking down upon you", trying to insult you, and so forth. Since I, generally, refer to everyone by their call sign suffix, you want to be treated "better than", well "different from" everyone else. That is something that I will not do!

There is an "ignore" function here on QRZ.com and you are certainly welcome to use that function where I am concerned.

Of course, you seem to be only concerned with this whenever I disagree with you. You conveniently ignore this when I agree with what you are saying, reinforce the subject, and so forth. You are very aware that I do NOT violate the "rules of the road" here on QRZ.com including personal attacks, insulting people, and other "not so nice" things. You are really afraid of missing my comments and, therefore, do not really want to put me on ignore. Basically, you can't have your cake and eat it too! If you wish to partake of my comments then accept the way that I address everyone. Otherwise, all that you are doing is to "take up" a little bit of "bandwidth" on this site.

You did not even reply to the subject at hand where you accused me of "bashing" licensed "professional" persons rather than accept the fact that there are, generally, a small minority of those persons who definitely are NOT qualified to perform the tasks for which they are "licensed".

Glen, K9STH

N4FZ and K5PHW like this.
  7. WA7PRC

Jim, @N2EY isn't it a PITA that some just don't get it?

Someone directs a comment toward you but... doesn't use the quote or notification function to let you know (s)he directed a comment toward you. o_O

WB0MPB, KS4W and N2EY like this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

WoW

upload_2017-12-2_8-37-57.png

WA7PRC and W4IOA like this.
  9. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Passive aggressiveness is the hallmark of a couple of the folks here.

OK, maybe more than a few!

It seems to me that identifying and ignoring those traits is the way to go. That does not necessarily mean putting them "on ignore" using the QRZ feature, just realizing that some folks will never change because they see no reason to...

After all, their way is the only isn't it?

WA7PRC likes this.
  10. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Almost--built long ago, yes. Completely rewired from the meter throughout though, mid to late '90's. All modern wiring, and a 200A(?) breaker box. Albeit with 60A service.

Too bad the guy didn't know much about balloon framing. I had the roof fixed for a ventilation problem that he caused , and "fixed" one header (can't drop jack studs to the floor!) but ultimately he weakened a wall when he put in larger windows. Repairs for that mistake pretty much spell the end (have to reframe one wall, and an entire floor I think... I've had two contractors tell me it's not worth it).