AB4WM

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K4FX, Apr 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ4POM

KJ4POM Ham Member QRZ Page

he then sent me some pics of the radio and one had the serial number. when asked if pick up was available since I live north of Miami, silence.

2. KJ4POM

I just emailed him back asking if he will ship if pickup is not possible. Let's see if he bites. If he is not reading this page.

3. KJ4POM

4. KJ4POM

ps I never had an ad on qrz. I responded to an ad that ke7nf had posted selling his 756 pro 3. So this scammer saw my response to ke7nf and got my email from my page with a tailored scam knowing the type of radio I wanted (plug). so this scammer is scanning all ads and responses. It is in your hands folks.
    Dang! I knew this was too good to be true.
    Mike

5. KJ4POM

okay, he bit the bait. Said he was too busy with family to have a pickup but will take a paypal payment. Then asked him if he will take 735 (not icom 735) as I was short of money. I bet he grabs this bait too. No ham worth his weight in salt would ever go down $100 bucks for such a clean radio.

6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

If he got your email address from your qrz page then he’s using a compromised account. AB4WM was last active Friday so he’s using another account under the radar.

7. KJ4POM

Right. There is a report on another ham getting ripped off on eham.net

8. KJ4POM

9. KJ4POM

Well he bit the bait. Definitely not a true ham. lol
    I have to hang up a 80 meter dipole folks. have to get off this crazy computer.

ps I think his next scam will be selling a 7800. anyone want to wager...

mike

10. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to address him by his real name, Alexander Jakande, and ask him about the weather in Lagos since he lives nearby.

KX4IK likes this.