AB4WM

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K4FX, Apr 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K4FX

K4FX Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a fellow offer to sell me a KPA500 and KAT500, today like in like-new condition with cables, boxes and manuals for 1615 complete including shipping by FedEx. He sent nice pictures, no QSL or other identifying object showing. His email was ab4wm@gmail.com He was gung ho to make a deal until I told him my sister lived in his QRZ listed hometown and I insisted on her picking it up with cash in hand. He got really silent from there on. Not a peep, and he was answering every email within minutes up till that point. AB4WM shows no email listed on his QRZ page.
    Just an FYI.

KB2COP, KA2CDT and KA2FIR like this.
  2. N1XF

N1XF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for this. Same deal here. I posted a WTB ad on EHAM for a Tentec Argonaut V. He sent me an email directly which means he got my email from here vs replying through EHAM and getting the anonymous director reply.
    Sent pictures after I asked, no call sign on them, but they didn’t appear in any internet search and the exif data wasn’t suspect. Something wasn’t ringing true so I googled his call, which is a legit call. I found your post here. I actually have an Aunt and a Cousin near his location in Miami so I did the same thing you did and told him if this works out I’d have one of them swing by to pick it up since they were coming North in a week. Never heard a peep from him after that. Before that email, he replied within minutes, I gave him 24 hours before posting this just in case he left for work and missed my emai.

So his account here has either been hacked or he is just not legit. In order to get my email through here he has to be logged in.

How do we report this to admins?

K4FX and KB2COP like this.
  3. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

I clicked the little "REPORT" button that is right under your question of how to report this to admins........... so it has been done, and that is also how it can be done as well. Good luck

4. KB2COP

KB2COP Ham Member QRZ Page

I placed a wanted ad for a Yaesu HR200. Reuben responded later that day and indicated he had one with the box and all cables. I sent him $90 via PayPal. That was on 04/11/18. Today is the 23rd and I have yet to receive the item. He has yet to respond to my emails.
    Am I screwed?

5. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Which method of PayPal? Friends & family? If so... screwed yes... :(

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

6. K4FX

K4FX Ham Member QRZ Page

If you paid with PayPal and did not use Family and Friends, most likely you will get your money back!

N9LCD likes this.
  7. W0EJ

W0EJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I have to admit I appear to be a victim of AB4WM Ruben Gordon r.gordon3131@gmail.com .......... 4/19/2018 he emailed that he had a Drake 2-NT in responose to my Wanted post on Online Swapmeet so I sent him the money via PayPal that day. I emailed him yesterday asking about when he would ship the rig, radio silence. So I guess I just gave this $*#& $195

So in the long run I guess I paid $195 to learn that I should use this forum.

It now looks like Ruben Gordon AB4WM may not be the culprit. I went into PayPal and looked up this transaction, the money actually went to a Alexander Jakande allnewsleds@gmail.com and PayPal has him listed as NON-US Unverified account............ Definitely a scam!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The real AB4WM says he has nothing for sale and will contact QRZ.

9. AB4WM

AB4WM Ham Member QRZ Page

Im the real Ruben Gordon,and none of those emails are mine.Beware

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Put a DISCLAIMER in your QRZ bio warning others and ADD an email address to your callsign data so that others can contact you to confirm whether or not your are buying/selling. Do it NOW!