A Topic Title Longer Than 2 Characters

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB3CVO, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB3CVO

KB3CVO Ham Member QRZ Page

You guys are on a major fishing expedition, aren't you?

I have always been of the opinion that some people should be allowed to remove themselves from the gene pool. It seems that the level of civilization is in inverse proportion to the level of evolution. The more we allow our "society" and "government" to protect us from our own follies, the weaker and less equiped for survival will be our offspring.

Oh well, at least there are a few corners of sanity left in the world. If you have a chance do a search for the "Darwin Awards". It is very entertaining and contains lessons for us all

tom, kb3cvo [​IMG]

2. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

Well, it looks like it is an appropriate time to pop in my definitions of "troll "

Troll "A creature of Scandinavian folklore variously protrayed as a dwarf or giant living in caves or under bridges. " HMMM, lets see, . . . no that couldn't possibly be what "troll" means in a chat room.

troll " To fish for by running a baited line behind a slowly moving boat "

( Both definitions from Webster's II New Riverside Dictionary )

Yes, I believe that definition 2 draws a pretty close parallel to people that drag a lure ( a controversial subject or inflamatory remark ) behind them, hoping to catch yet another fish ( the poor victim that falls for the lure and gets caught up in yet another upwardly spirialing level of ill will and name calling ! )

Come to think of it, since Scandinavian Trolls were never considered anything but repulsive, I can see where definition 1 fits, too !

73 from Jim AG3Y

3. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lets face it, Morse Code is a good thing. The code requirement filters out dinks, weenies, creeps, lids, dorks, dweebs, and sniveling crybabys. So there...........

4. W8OB

W8OB Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KA4DPO @ Sep. 03 2003,10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lets face it, Morse Code is a good thing.  The code requirement filters out dinks, weenies, creeps, lids, dorks, dweebs, and sniveling crybabys.  So there...........[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    give this man ham of the year award. Amen brother

5. N1XHF

N1XHF Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know Jim, looks like they have thrown the gill nets out on this one. Bet their looking for a big catch. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.