ad: Hamcrazy-1

A simple fix if you don't like the QRZ "stock font"

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W7UUU, Aug 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For a long time, many folks have expressed dismay at the really icky font that is the software default. You only get a better font if you go to the "dark shack" theme.

But today, I discovered a super cool Google Chrome Browser add-on extension called "Font Changer" - you can find it here: [LINK]

Once you install the add-on, just use the default font of ABeeZee and you can select a fixed font size - I picked 15 pt (option is at the bottom of the settings panel). This font works on all existing posts, and any post you make yourself (appears after you hit "post")

Now, 100% of all QRZ fonts look perfect - as well as virtually all other web pages. You can select the option globally or by page - your choice.

Just thought I'd toss that out there for those who really hate the stock font... make every single post be whatever font you want to see, whatever size you want to see it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-with-google/jgjhhoglgjdklldfgoffdiaceffijeke

Dave
    W7UUU

[This only works in Google Chrome browser as far as I can tell]

W9FTV, N7ANN and K9ASE like this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the info Dave.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You're welcome. It's actually a VERY cool add-in extension I'm finding. Every single page you visit can be customized if you want to, so that sites with super small text can be made to display as large as you want. And as mentioned, sites with fonts that are just not pleasant on your eyes can be converted. Each site is stored independently. I don't notice any perceptible delay in loading time either.

Very useful.

Dave
    W7UUU