ad: ProAudio-1

A new way to QSL?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jul 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Should we adopt a new way to send and receive QSL cards? Taking a closer look back on the most recent stack of cards I sent out recently I took a look and most were US stations. All of the QSO's were either Satellite or 6m QSO's. Taking a further look it became apparent that I spent a lot of money as do most hams, the envelope included a QSL card and a SASE, .68 cents spent, well worthwhile? Soon after sending them out I started receiving cards from stations I sent a QSL to, they to included a card and a SASE, .68 cents spent, well worthwhile?

My suggestion for domestic QSL cards is sending a postcard (.21 cents postage) type card (which are also nice) and a PSE and a thank you. Thus saving us about .50 cents when you include the cost of envelopes. This would be common courtesy to return a card you received and a thanks for the effort of the other stations sending you a card.

I try to send all envelopes back to the station when I already have sent them a card, this again costs .34 cents plus envelope. No wonder it's expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.