ad: QSKLLC-1

A new look for Windows 10 Start menu

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by W9GB, Jul 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

2. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

thank goodness almost wiped my new laptop - what a confusing mess mine came with
    why would they try to turn a PC into a Ipad
    trying to figure a way to tuen it off and get back to something like classic

3. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you baby Jesus!

Windows 10: We speak Gmail! Put your XBox stuff here! Hey, new game we downloaded for you that you didn't want! Say, this is a new app you already know about because you installed it 5 minutes ago!

KF5RRF and KA9JLM like this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a question.

Are Windows 10 Touch Screens working properly ?

That was a killer for Win 8.

5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just want a list of programs.

Once again, MS re-arranges the deck chairs without improving Windows ergonomics one iota! Harumph. No improvement since Win95.

K2CQW, KF4ZGZ and KK4NSF like this.
  6. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Been using OpenSuse for years. I used various distro before that, usually using KDE. When they went all strange, I switched to a Gnome based desktop. When they went all strange, I switched to XFCE. I've managed to keep a familiar desktop environment. I don't have the number of programs to choose from, but that's OK. I get stuff done I want done :)

7. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

being a Linux user for the vast bulk of what I do..... The new face of Win10 neither impresses me, nor upsets me one way or the other.

G0GSR likes this.
  8. KLONDIKEMIKE

KLONDIKEMIKE QRZ Member

Install "Classic Shell" and you will never have to worry about someone trying to peddle a new hammer when the old one works just fine.

http://www.classicshell.net/

NK2U likes this.
  9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

^ old news

Note: As of December 2017, Classic Shell is no longer in active development. More details here
    Development has been picked up by volunteers on GitHub under the name Open Shell

KA0HCP likes this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Mine works fine (Samsung "Spin 7" that turns into a tablet, and my MS Surface 4 pro) but I so rarely use Win10 in "tablet mode / iPad mode".

Win8 was HORRIBLE!!! It originally ONLY worked in "iPad mode" - even on a desktop with a mouse!! The whole MS "Live Tiles" paradigm IMO is just stupid.

But Win10 in normal classic "computer mode" works fabulously on all 13 or so computers in my home and business

Dave
    W7UUU