ad: wmr-1

A new kind of ripoff and scam

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K6KRV, Jan 6, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent a friendly donation to a ham that wanted to be a QRZ member, Just to help a brother out.

You should never say never. Well unless it is family wanting to move in. :eek:

If you do send money "friends and family", you get what you deserve, That may be nothing if you try to cheat the system.

KA9MOT likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Should have clarified I meant for BUYING something - that was the topic of the thread so thought it was understood :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KA9JLM likes this.
  3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you use PayPal friends and family to cheat PayPal of their fees then you shouldn't be a ham and I don't feel sorry for you if you get cheated. I can not handle a thief and a cheat. IMHO.
    John, WB0MPB

4. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

So I see that you've posted this same statement on everybody else who is learning this lesson. Why do you think we're all trying to cheat PayPal? I was not trying to cheat PayPal. As a matter of fact, it cost me $3 more dollars to send him the $70, so PayPal got paid! I was being gullible, as are most others learning this very expensive lesson. When I come in here to explain what happened to me in the hopes that others do not fall prey to these lying, cheating, thieving sons of .....s, and then you accuse me of trying to cheat PayPal, you are discouraging me from coming in here to try to help others from now on. So when you insult me, you're actually helping the scammers. The scammers thank you. SK

5. WB0MPB

I said in my opinion. You don't have to listen to anything I said. I just want people to know not to us friends and family to avoid fees. I also am trying to let people know. Some people may not know the bad side of using friends and family. Sorry if I was out of line with you. I apologize to you. Wrongly using friends and family just bother me. Thanks for sharing your story.
    John, WB0MPB

6. KD5JBN

KD5JBN Ham Member QRZ Page

You're not cheating Paypal.. They get their money from You the sender.. You are giving up all rights to Dispute a transaction and the Scammer gets away with your Money Scott-Free

7. WB0MPB

That too but you cheat them from their commission too. That is not right.
    John, WB0MPB

8. NE4Y

NE4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

What was the paypal email address that they gave to you to use for payment. There is a scammer that uses QRZ.com frequently, mimicks Ham Call Signs etc.
    Kenn
    KK4OSI

9. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed. Using "friends and family" is a way for someone to avoid fees but you lose protection. When I sell something and accept payment via paypal, I never ask someone to use the "friends and family" option. I figure that if I am selling something and paypal is providing a service to both buyer and seller, paypal is entitled to a fee, and as the seller, and based on their terms of service, I have agreed to pay that fee.

On the other hand, I still get buyers who send money via "friends and family" ...

WB0MPB likes this.
  10. WB0MPB

Well said Peter.
    John, WB0MPB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.