A Full-Blown 1/2 Wave Dipole?

Discussion in 'The Low Bands - 630/2200 Meters - VLF' started by WA2FXM, Nov 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9XMT

W9XMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Below is a NEC4.2 plot of the elevation pattern fields at an h-distance of 1 mile from the base of a monopole, based on the same model parameters as in my original post above. A comparison is shown for that sector for the fields at 2 miles, also. These calculations include the surface wave, which is necessary to calculate/plot this scenario accurately.

Z = elevation in meters above a flat Earth, and E = field intensity in mV/m

Note that the two fields shown there have a ~1/r relationship, which is characteristic of a space wave. That relationship will be maintained for very low, but not zero-angle propagation paths reaching to, and reflected by the ionosphere.
    _____

As a workaound, a Ø can be included in posts here by entering Alt+Ø216 using the number keypad.

[​IMG]

2. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does this mean that the closer you get the stronger the field is ?
    What is the size of the monopole ? By "T" that seems to mean it's less than a QW tall vertical with a two wire capacity hat ?
    Not much info on the physical side of the antenna !
    I want to build a real antenna.

3. W9XMT

W9XMT Ham Member QRZ Page

The T antenna dimensions are shown in the Comments section on the left side of the graphic in my original post about it.