ad: Alphaant-1

A few words of advice.

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by W8LBO, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I couldn't agree more. If he/she can't accept that your hobbies, then they have no business being with you. Honestly, it would be silly for anyone to not be with someone based on the fact that they are in a hobby or not. HOWEVER, at the same time, if you don't have much more in common then unless you share something you are just out of luck. For instance, amateur radio is a lifestyle for me, I spend a lot of time with radios and computers, and so it would be difficult to carry on a long term relationship with someone is isn't involved in either one of those things.

2. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I don't think I'll ever meet a girl who likes dirt bikes, chainsaws, computers, ham radios, four wheelers, and '80s hair metal. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. KC9HJX

KC9HJX Guest

Heh...thats kinda wierd..

My girlfriend and I like doing all of the above....

(except dirt-bikes and chainsaws(?) her and I don't own any)

80's metal kicks @$*

4. KC0KBH

Not just hair metal, either. Speed metal, too. Some early 90's, like Metallica. [​IMG]

5. KB9ZLB

KB9ZLB Ham Member QRZ Page

ooooo....Metallica....oooooo...... [​IMG]

6. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm more of a classic rock person...The Eagles, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, possibly you name it!

7. KC0KBH

I'm a big classic rock fan, even to '70s country rock extents, but I love hair metal!! [​IMG]

8. KC9HJX

KC9HJX Guest

It's about time I met other young hams like me who weren't "appaled" or "disgusted" with metal.

Most of the young hams I've met on the air take after all the old boring farts that are like:

" Well HI HI on the fine business there skip on the prostate exam, HI HI"

God I hate "HI HI" or even the term "We are Destinated"

WTF??

Destinated isn't even a word.

egh....

9. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, Ray, I may be guilty of using "hihi" on the air and saying "Fine Business" on the air; however, I do like metal. I am very eclectic and listen to music from all eras.

Was in QSO the other day with KC8WSF, a 14 year old general class op from Michigan. Sadly conditions were kind of poor as he was in and out (two guys trying to talk to eachother with small antennas and little 100watt rice boxes doesn't always work too well). However, I did catch a lot of stuff and it was a nice QSO. He happened to also be very eclectic and we got into a short QSO about music, certainly something I hope to continue with him or any others on the air in the future.

10. KC0KBH

I never got the "hi hi" thing either. I don't say it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.