ad: elecraft

A few words of advice.

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by W8LBO, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Come on the raido is above the YL

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Why are you out

3. KI4GKV

KI4GKV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio ABOVE the YL?  Why not get the YL on the radio?  Girls like to talk too  [​IMG]

4. 2E0GYD

2E0GYD QRZ Member

Yeah, girls like to talk, not using cost free communication like radio, but they want to use their mobile phones, and spend a fortune! [​IMG]

73 de Rick 2E0GYD

5. KI4GKV

KI4GKV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, yeah, I know...girls cost money...

But think of the savings if you can get the YL on the radio and off the cell phone!!! [​IMG]

6. KB3IRL

KB3IRL Ham Member QRZ Page

Minitor 3--- Trash Mine stunk as did all of those owned by my department. We trashed them and went to 4s. we are 154.310 near Pittsburgh, PA

7. W8LBO

W8LBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, that's true. But then again, cell phones make it possible for them to keep in touch with whoever they want to, and only whoever they want to. That's the reason they use a cell phone. Besides, there are so many sickos out there on the internet, that meet people without actually being seen, they probably figure there're the same people on the radio. Actually, there probably are........

8. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got a better idea -- don't tell a girl you're in ham radio, but if you do, don't use it around her. HAW!

Well once me and my lady friend (go ahead look me up here on qrz for a pic) were in Chattanooga, TN after watching a movie together and she had the craving for some ice cream and really wanted Baskin Robins (I give in to anything) so I jumped on the Chattanooga repeater and a guy helped me find the Baskin Robins, no problem! She thought it was very handy in that case lol...

9. 2E0GYD

2E0GYD QRZ Member

note to self.....
    next time i get a girlfriend (in the far...far...far...future)
    hide the radio's, take down the qsl cards and hide the licence and that piece of paper that says MORSE TESTS AND PRACTICE FREQUENCIES in big bold fat black letters [​IMG]

73 de Rick 2E0GYD

btw the learning morse thingy is going a bit

s l o w

but still learning although i can go on hf, so its not all doom and gloom when the fcc drop the morse, coz im living proof that it wont be

10. KB9ZLB

KB9ZLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Who says girls don't like the radio?! I absolutely love it!

Okay, here's my humble opinion. You don't belong with her if she can't accept you...ALL OF YOU...for who you are. If that includes being a Ham. Then, well, what do you think?

I don't think a relationship works if one person wants all the attention and can't accept the other for who they are. In this situation, I feel she is the one being controlling and over bearing. Then again, I do not know the entire story-nor do I know the woman. But if I did, let me tell you something. I would talk some sense into her!!!

Hmph.

Girls don't like the radio....grr....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.