ad: UR5CDX-1

A Bright Region Pair & An Earth-Directed Solar Storm | Space Weather News 01.27.2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jan 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

A Bright Region Pair & An Earth-Directed Solar Storm | Space Weather News 01.27.2020

2E0ETY, AC7DD, WA7AXT and 3 others like this.
  2. KA4TMT

KA4TMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Active regions! Sunspots? How can this be? Every other person on here was swearing we were entering a period to rival the maunder minimum all summer long. I got into HAM radio last May so I for one am STOKED, had a blast and made a ton of contacts in the bottom of the cycle cant wait to see some decent propagation.

WB5PDZ, WX7LL, N1VAU and 4 others like this.
  3. N5SMO

N5SMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One data point does not make a statistic. It will take close to a 100 years of data to confirm we are indeed in a Maunder Minimum.

W9KMS and K5VZD like this.
  4. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

i'm with you! After a couple decades away, I came back to amateur radio in Feb 2017 - a pretty low spot and it's bottomed out since then. I've got all the awards listed in my sig over the past 3 years - so not sure what I'm going to do with some actual GOOD band conditions :p

10m is going to be my last DXCC - guess I'll need to get a 12/17m antenna up!

N1VAU likes this.
  5. AC5O

AC5O Ham Member QRZ Page

About time guys. 6 meters will be my last DXCC. My take the rest of my life. LOL!!! I worked 327 DXCC during the last cycle so it is possible.

WF4W likes this.
  6. M6WDV

M6WDV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks again for posting these excellent reports James !

7. NE2NE

NE2NE Ham Member QRZ Page

I think people just like to say Maunder

N9AK likes this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...at a minimum.

Heheheheh ;-)

NE2NE likes this.