A Beacon - Trying To Identify

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N1BCG, Sep 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

And if you hook the thing up to a CB antenna you could cure everyone in town!

2. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

This is actually quite disturbing. The Spirigenesis Institute of Tampa Florida has embraced this device as an alternative treatment for, well, pretty much everything according to their website:

"Our system, the PERL M+, is a whole body treatment, charging the cells in the entire body simultaneously, and bringing long-term healing at the cellular level with consecutive treatments."

Even still, this banner appears prominently at the top of their site:

"WE ARE NOT LICENSED MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS! WE DO NOT RENDER MEDICAL ADVICE IN ANY FORM, NOR DO WE OFFER CURES FOR ANY DISEASES.
    ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FOR ANY CONDITION."

https://spirigenesisinstitute.com/pemf/

Scary, eh?

3. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect FCC would be interested in hearing about what you have learned about that device, and that it is being operated in the US.

They have been rather... aggressive... in their pursuit of technical noncompliance with CB rules.

4. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's what I heard.

coconut.gif

KA2RRK

5. KA2RRK

At first it is interference to an amateur band, then by magic , once located it isn't. Humm.

I think you found one of these beacons.
    ShallowA.gif

KA2RRK

6. KA2RRK

Okay it's close to our 6m band...

I would knock on the door and sneak a note paper with the FCC phone number on it
    and tell them that the unit should be checked for a defective filter noting how far
    you detected the transmission. I am sure the consumer will be able resolve the defect with
    manufacturer and FCC assist. I would let the FCC know , and leave it at that.
    Let the FCC handle turning the contraption off till repaired.

KA2RRK

7. KA2RRK

images (11).jpeg

Agent double naught 7, OUT A HERE.

8. N4QX

N4QX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Quackery or not, 27.125 MHz is in the middle of an ISM band. There's nothing wrong with this from a spectrum management perspective.

9. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

The second harmonic is radiating and being heard more than 10,000 feet away.

10. N4QX

N4QX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Unwanted emissions are another beast, admittedly, but there's nothing wrong with the fundamental frequency selection.