ad: Prosistel-1

A 39 Foot Rotatable No-Tuner Dipole for 30m, 20m, 15m, and 10m

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by W5DXP, Nov 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I put up a 39 foot rotatable dipole for 30m operation and it works well with a 48 foot 300 ohm twinlead feedline. It also works well on 15m and 10m and it was easy to add 20m. Here's the details:

[​IMG]

W1BR, WB2UAQ, KK5JY and 1 other person like this.
  2. W5DXP

Here are the measured SWRs:
    30201510.png

KK5JY, NH7RO and N2EY like this.
  3. W5DXP

Can anyone explain why changing the length of the feedline doesn't have any effect around 16.6 MHz?

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Cecil, is this a test? ;) If so, I've failed!

Is there a typo above? The first line down after the graphic, reads "A to B, and D to C"

Should that say "A to B, and D to E" ?

Couldn't the knife switches be ST ?

NH7RO likes this.
  5. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Cecil; you should package up this novel antenna/switchable tuned feeder array and sell it---the market awaits you (so many lazy, non-DIY hams abound these days that it'd probably sell like hotcakes.

Jeff

N8CMQ likes this.
  6. W5DXP

Yep, D to C would be a very different kind of knife switch, huh?

Single Throw is only two states. This particular configuration requires three states so it would need two DPST switches to accomplish the 0 ft, 1 ft, and 5 ft states.

Guess you're right about lazy hams, Jeff, I'm too lazy to market anything.:rolleyes: If you want to market it, I will endorse it.:D

NH7RO likes this.
  7. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be just fine and dandy but I've already got so many projects on the back burners I need a bunch more stoves.:D

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I see it now, thanks. I thought you were using two switches but I see now that one does the job.

Since I'm using DPDT relays for my setup I wasn't thinking about the third ''open' state that's available with a knife switch.

9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Cecil, do you know the answer or are you puzzled about it as well?

NH7RO likes this.
  10. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

I've also failed this test. I find it difficult to see a knife switch. All I see are four capacitors with wires looping around.