ad: TinyPaddle-1

A 10 Year Amateur Radio Special Event starts in February!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NF7E, Jan 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KS4TD

KS4TD Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the things I enjoy the most in amateur radio is working special event stations. I am really looking forward to this!

Sean KS4TD

2. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ?

[​IMG]

3. AD0YL

AD0YL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why not W9P? I like having 9 planets :)

4. W5JCK

W5JCK Ham Member QRZ Page

FT8 is one of the things that has ruined ham radio for me. Just use your darn smartphone if you think that is ham comms. The old fashioned way is CW or voice.

5. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

That's an interesting observation. You're the first person I've heard mention that.

6. W9HLQ/SK2022

W9HLQ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

My Dad used to work for Mr. Tombaugh and Dad had interesting stories about him as I remember. Here are some comments from my Dad.

Clyde Tombaugh was my boss at white sands proving ground. New Mexico. Many a night we would spend hours looking through our 120 power telescope at moon craters star clusters , everything,, ( being paid time and half ) Clyde would make his own lens. With a 3 inch thick piece of round glass, he would hand grind the glass into a lens, can you imagine how long that would take, I worked with Clyde for a couple years, Clyde discovered Pluto from a photograph, Clyde. Made those lens when he was a college student,he was a nice person , good to work with, Pop

Brian, W9HLQ

7. KD0IRF

KD0IRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to this event!!!

8. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any CW? Saw SSB and FT8 late this evening, but no CW. :(

9. W2SE

W2SE Ham Member QRZ Page

W7P was active yesterday 15-Feb starting 2214z from the summit of A 1 Mountain near Flagstaff. All CW for about 90 minutes. Multiple bands. This is also a SOTA summit: W7A/CS-013. He was Spotted on the DX Cluster as well as SOTAwatch.sota.org.uk
    I worked him on 4 bands from W2/NJ. Gotta love grey-line. :)

10. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was able to work W7P on SSB and CW, and got W7P/0 CW this afternoon!

W9QK likes this.
  11. W9QK

W9QK Ham Member QRZ Page

Last year I made contact using FT8 and took me a little while but it was worth it. This year I set up my antenna in a way I can do SSB to contact Arizona. So looking forward to participate this year again.

12. G5WCW

G5WCW Ham Member QRZ Page

This sounds like the type of project my dad used to do, Everything took about 10 years! :D