9M4SLL Spratly

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

now that Clipperton is finished up, the DX world turns their ears towards Spratley Is for 9M4SLL.
    They are on 21.035 right now, but there is a problem. 2 signals, exactly on the same freq working the massive pileup. WHICH one is the legit station and which is the pirate. Exactly synched in Frequency, it is tough to tune out one or the other. Both are acting like THEY are the real station. Both are logging calls furiously.

WONDER which one is the REAL Spratley? The strong or the Weak one? I am betting on the weak one.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

1S9WNV was a slim.:p

Or I should say, he really was on the air, but not really on Spratley.:eek:

I remember those days...

3. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Pat,

Guess we need a new motto: Work 'em all, worry later.

Hmmm, does the "real" operation have one of those trick "real time" logs like the Clipperton guys did?

Bill

4. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like they are uploading to ClubLog, not real time but a way to check. Nothing beats the DXA tho :)

5. WA6MHZ

Called on 12M for awhile when I got home from work, but they were very weak and I didn't get through. Went to 15 where they were 59+, but they refused to answer me. That op had a "DON'T WORK WA6MHZ!!!" note on his monitor for some reason. I was not calling out of turn or anything. They went QRT so I went back to 12 and finally got through. Now to see if I show up in the log!

6. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I may be the only guy with 300 confirmed that need them and I am on the road till Friday!

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

don was one of the best cw pileup managers I ever heard. It was fun listening to the pileups even though he was a *******.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  8. WA6MHZ

YAY!!!!! I'm IN THE LOG!!!!

Now, if they would just do some RTTY!

9. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

WFWL (work first, worry later) has been in use by DX'ers for a very very long time ...

10. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Currently seeing spots on 20 SSB but not a peep here in FL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.