[97.5099(K)] FCC CODE

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KD5IBU, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD5IBU

KD5IBU Ham Member QRZ Page

cAN ANYONE GO INTO A LITTLE MORE DETAIL ON THIS CODE OR TELL ME WHERE I MIGHT FIND MORE IMFORMATION ON THIS.THE QUESTION E1F16 DOE'S SAY ALOT ABOUT IT. THANK YOU IF YOU CAN HELP ME. LEON KD5IBU

2. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

all we can tell you that to pass extra you need a passing score 74 % that is 37 out of 50 Q. answered correctly, by the way When you go for the exam remember you need copies of your license, CSCE, Drivers License or State approved photo ID, also your CORES or FEIN should be on your application what they will do just remember you need To Pass Elements 1,2,3,& 4 for the Extra Exam, special Accomodations for the Specially Challenged the VEC is aware of that check this web site out for simulated exams.

Also You people would really cringe If I told you this is lax compared to a 90 % passing of a Proctored Broadcasting Certification Exam and very tight policies.l

3. WA1M

WA1M Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KA3RFE

KA3RFE QRZ Member QRZ Page

I cannot lay hands on my copy of Part 97 and I'm not sure what your question is, so let me make some assumptions based on the context of your post. If I'm guessing wrongly, please correct me.

If you have a physical condition that is preventing you from copying the code correctly, you are still required to pass the 5wpm code to upgrade to general or extra. There is no longer a waiver for handicaps. However, the VEC is required to accomodate your disability in order for you to take the exam. IE: if you need someone to read the questions to you, they're supposed to do that. If you have mobility problems that prevent you from  writing, they're supposed  to allow someone being present to write for you. If you have hearing problems they're supposed to make arrangements for you to copy by sight or feel, or some other method.  

You must contact the VEC  prior to your taking the exam and tell them what your needs are and you must do so within a reasonable period of time. You can tell the VE team what you're using to copy code with, and more than likely they'll let you bring your device with you.

If I am completely wrong here on your question, feel free to correct me. Meantime, I'll try to find my copy of Part 97 and if you need an assistive device to learn the code or copy it, there are ways to do so. I'm an inactive member of HandiHams and will be glad to help you.

73, Pete KA3RFE
    phopping@annapolis.net

5. WJ5O

WJ5O Ham Member QRZ Page

For those who cannot locate
    part 97 97.509
    (k) The administering VEs must accommodate an examinee whose physical disabilities require a special examination procedure. The administering VEs may require a physician’s certification indicating the nature of the disability before determining which, if any, special procedures must be used.

73 Bill WJ5O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.