+9 noise level 256 days a year. any help?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N9ZDZ, Mar 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have 3 power transformers fairly close by me,and no noise here.

K7TRF likes this.
  2. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I've seen noise from cracked insulators, from bad pole grounding and from bad lightning arrestors but haven't come across a noisy pole pig, they tend to be pretty clean.

3. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

BTW- your noise is constant 24 hours a day, rules out the new LED street lights.

4. N9ZDZ

N9ZDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think so its still getting power to circuit board . CIPS might be coming out today to look at it I am going to tell then to disconnect them one at a time .

WN1MB likes this.
  5. N8FVJ

Why would draw power to the circuit board when not lit?

6. N9ZDZ

because the light only turns on with the sensor the led light is controlled by the sensor so it has to have power on the sensor at all times .

7. N8FVJ

I would believe the photocell is the only electronics active that does not make noise and the noisy switching power supply for the LED is off during the day. Why expose the LED power supply to line spikes and power usage when lighting is not needed?

8. W1FBV

W1FBV Ham Member QRZ Page

My city recently installed LED street lamps. They do not generate noise.

WB5YUZ likes this.
  9. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed you aro only 1 1/4 miles North from the local AM radio station WFRX on 1300 KHz, the third harmonic is on 3900 kHz, maybe some noise is coming from that !

10. N9ZDZ

CIPS CAME OUT TODAY THEY SENDING A CREW OUT TOMMOROW AND DISCONNECT EVERYTHING THEY DID TO SEE IF THAT FIXES IT