For Sale 8877/3CX1500A7 TUBES

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KD8VT, Sep 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD8VT

KD8VT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I have a pair of 8877 / 3CX1500A7 tubes for sale. The tube on the left in each of the pictures is a New Old Stock Eimac as can be seen by the yellowing of the foam insert with a date code of 8216. The tube has it's original Eimac Box with matching date code. The tube has no marks on the anode. In addition the pins and grid ring have none of the marks seen on tubes that are used which is further proof this is a New Old Stock tube. Asking $750 Check or Postal Money Order Shipped double boxed and insured. Call or TEXT to 330-206-4909.

The tube on the right in each of the pictures is a used pull with a date code of 0134. Here is what I know about the tube. It was originally installed in an Ameritron AL-1500 HF amplifier. The amplifier was being stored in a basement on the floor on the left side during some carpet replacements. The basement flooded and the amplifier set in about 5" of water for a week or longer before it was discovered. The water caused the chassis to corrode and destroyed the transformer and other components. The amplifier was scrapped and the tube was salvaged and kept as a spare for a second AL-1500. I was told that the amplifier was only two months old at the time of the flood and had only been used three times. I tested the tube in My Alpha 9510 amplifier and based on the test results I can say this tube is as good as any new tube. The test results are identical to the Eimac that came with my Alpha 9510 amplifier. Therefore I can say this tube is a low hour tube pull that tests as new.

The test data follows;
    Plate Voltage 3900 Volts
    Grid Current 15 mA
    Drive Power 50 Watts
    Power Output 1550 Watts
    Test Duration 30 min
    Input Power Metering Bird 43 with 100 Watt slug
    Output power Metering Bird 4381 Digital Meter with 2500 Watt slug
    Asking $600 Check or Postal Money Order Shipped double and insured.
    Call or TEXT to 330-206-4909.
    IMG_2282.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG

KE9OL and ZL1KFM like this.
  2. KD8VT

KD8VT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sorry forgot to include the call sign in the first set of photos. IMG_2289.JPG

KN4PHS likes this.
  3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.