7O6T - Yemen Approved For DXCC Credit

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by WA6ITF, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AC7DX

AC7DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Resign then!!!! you will not be missed by the ARRL

2. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

But we are all bound by politics. I can't work P5 due to political reasons. Same for a host of other small island sanctuaries and shutoff countries.

But others have already worked them, THATS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!

ARRL should dismiss all of the countries I have not worked because I cannot, my feelings are hurt.

Get a grip folks. That is the point of all of this. Some folks wait decades for the political climate of various countries to change so they can work them for credit. We are all waiting in the wings for P5.

Truthfully, instead of petitioning the ARRL, how about both of the countries play nice and send diplomats? What, you mean the countries involved don't care? Why must we bend a U.S. groups rules because two foreign entities can't get along?

If you don't want to work the Afghpakidia DXpedition because they won't work their rival enemies the POOPOnanynaysayers, why do you care? I don't show solidarity for most of these waring countries because I am sitting on the sideline,

I have never been and have no idea why they are even fighting,

It doesn't matter 1 single bit to me. Who cares!! I have bigger problems in our own country to worry about.

Heck, most of these places have hated each other for so long, they don't even know why. It is a generational thing that is bred in at this point. And the ARRL showing support for any single country could end up pissing off a dozen others which would cause folks here to whine even more.

Sorry 4Xers, I do feel for you. Those are the breaks and sometimes life isn't fair. Start a petition in your country and send a diplomatic team to Yemen and get this straightened out. That's all I can recommend.

Brad

3. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

complaining isn't action. what have you done to make it so Yemen allows contacts with Israel?

4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

To reiterate again (redundant but necessary), it isn't he licensing authority - it's the accreditation for DXCC.

Using the tired P5 metaphor, NK doesn't preclude qsos with the U.S. but rather everyone. See???

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have some reasonable or logical response to the accreditation issue other than a personal attack?

By the way, the Mexico metaphor is not relevant as it only pertains to operator licensing; not at all related to the issue of ARRL accreditation for qsos. See now?

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I am not. I am Jewish and I have no problem with DXCC approval.

Its a victory to have ANYONE within Yemen or Saudi Arabia talk to Jews. Its a first step. A small but tactical victory for unchilling the ugly reality of a bitter and dangerous world.

You cannot enter Saudi Arabia or Yemen if you are Jewish. Note I didn't merely say 'Israeli'. The exclusion is religious, not merely political.

Chip W1YW

7. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yemen is not the only one. A visiting ham to Lebanon (with operating permission) was questioned by police a year or two ago under the suspicion that he could communicate with Israel. It would not be pleasant to be caught having a QSO with an Israeli station in Saudi Arabia, Iran, or Egypt or other countries in the region, whether it it was officially prohibited or not. Should all those countries be removed from DXCC too?

8. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was listening to an Israeli station on a linked repeater system (I won't name names or call signs since I cannot really speak on his behalf).
    Someone asked him his opinion on the Yemen dxpedition. He was not surprised or really upset. I wish he would chime in here personally but I think that probably wont happen.

9. W6SDM

W6SDM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You make some really good points and you've made them well. This is one of the few issues that I've seen where it's really hard to take one side or the other. I haven't read the responses yet beyond your post, but I would hope that you don't need a flame suit because there is a lot of validity to what you've said.

Did we boycott anyone else whose political views are contrary to ours or whose human rights policies are in question? Every time someone mistakenly spots a P5 call on the clusters, it causes an instant pileup until someone figures out the mistake.

Ham radio should be apolitical.

Steve
    w6sdm.net

10. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately you may be flamed on either side of the argument because everyone is strongly opinionated.
    Unfortunately people will drag politics into anything.

John / KF7PCL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.