ad: elecraft

#79 Ham Nuggets Live! With Steve, K5ATA & Jherica Goodgame, KI5HATA and special guests

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Aug 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What creator would be discouraged to post on QRZ because some other creator posts here? Or further, what is discouraging when other creators post similar videos?

KC5HWB likes this.
  2. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI, posters of articles have no control whatsoever over what does and doesn't get posted to the front page of QRZ. If you are unhappy with the algorithm that chooses posts/articles, you would be better off contacting the admins of QRZ and not blaming the creator of the posts whose content you personally don't like, which wasn't actually made for you, specifically.

Younger hams don't rely on QRZ because of all of the negativity. There are WAYYY too many "old man syndrome" posts on this forum. Way too many. The thing that is going to kill Ham Radio overall isn't people posting on social media, making YouTube videos, making FB or Instagram posts - it is the old-man syndrome that says "you should do it MY WAY or else it is wrong!!"

Full Disclosure, my wife says that I am quickly approaching grumpy-old-man status, much like my Grandfather was. So I've got that going for me.

N5AF and W9AFB like this.
  3. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty obvious that if someone goes to all the effort to produce and soon gets pushed down by another creating the same content days later it would be discouraging. I think I made my point with this character having SIX videos on the front page when this was published. Go ahead and make excuses but it is clear to many I am sure.

4. N1IPU

Again, Six videos on the front page when this was posted. Six. If any poster is interested he can go to youtube and subscribe. One or two I can see but Six? And you people think I am unreasonable? It's not grumpy, its common sense.
    everybody else's vid or news gets pushed down just like any forum. On most forums posts pushing others down gets deleted or at least cautioned. Flooding the forum to monetize your youtube channel is out of line. That's not just my opinion its decorum on most forums as it disrespects other posting.

5. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wondered how long until...

KI5HNX likes this.
  6. KC9QVE

KC9QVE Ham Member QRZ Page

Enjoyed watching Ham Radio Nuggets for the very 1st time! Anthony O.Ridlen KC9QVE AMATEUR EXTRA Marion,Indiana

7. KI5HNX

KI5HNX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, pretty much guaranteed to happen isn't it?

8. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wouldn’t be, its kind of the realities of how content posts work on QRZ, and everywhere on the internet for that mater. There is a lot of good stuff that gets posted, you shouldn’t expect to be on the top of the main page for long.

I think you expressed your opinions, but you don’t have much real knowledge in content creation, so I’d call them pretty low-information points.

W8KJR, KC5HWB and KI5HNX like this.
  9. N1IPU

It has nothing to do with knowledge of content creation. And you assuming I know little about the subject is just a cop out instead of addressing what I presented. The fact is there were six posts on the day this was posted on the front page. None of you addressed that but instead threw insults and claimed special knowledge that 12 year olds know today.

10. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey YOUNG LADIES, what's KOOL about you guys is that you're GREAT BSers like your DADs, so our ILLUSTRIOUS HOBBY WILL CONTINUE, I'M SURE OF IT!!!

BLESS U GUYS!!!

Jim-NN6EE
    Ham SINCE 1962/ADVANCED CLASS LICENSEE since 1968 when "INCENTIVE LICENSING WAS REINVENTED BY THE FCC/ARRL!!! :-/

KC5HWB likes this.
  11. KC5HWB

As has been said several times already, the poster of the article has ZERO control over what gets posted on the front page of the website. If you really cared as much as you claim to, you would be contacting the QRZ Admins and not complaining here.

KI5HNX likes this.
  12. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just an aside, did the OP post links to outside content (YouTube) to the forums? Or did someone else post it to QRZ? I understand that higher levels of ownership cultivate front page content but the OP is posting here in the hope of signal boosting, no?

13. N1IPU

It's done by algorithm from my understanding so its not much of a stretch to see how its been gamed for advantage. And can I point out that this is a forum. " a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged." by definition. Your direction to me about what you assume I care about is just more misdirection to benefit your own needs. My only argument is the intentional flooding of the site for admitted personal gain.
    Still after so many pages not one of you have addressed that. So again how is it that at the time of this posting six separate videos from the poster appeared on the home page? Do you think that is reasonable? Or do you still want to blame everyone else but the poster himself?

KA2FIR likes this.
  14. KC5HWB

The complaint I was responding to was that there were too many from 1 OP on the FRONT PAGE itself, not being overall posted to the forums. Yes posting to the forums is done to pass along information and get clicks on the videos. Explain the issue with that, please. QRZ allows it, otherwise We The People making videos would have been asked to stop long ago. But as I have stated several times now, the OP has no control over what does or does not get re-posted to the front page after posting in the News or Podcast forums.