750,000!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Apr 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Not at all, you might just be reading a little more into things than is actually there.

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can report a PM from him just the same as you can report a post. Just click report in the PM.

You can also remove yourself from the PM. Check the box "Do not accept any further replies". The PM will be removed from your inbox and will not show up again.

leave_conversation_1.jpg leave_conversation_2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    VK4HAT likes this.
  3. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm certainly not joining in on the actual "argument" , just a bit of trivia for you personally , it actually is quite hilarious imo , the advanced licence (full call in the older days) is so stupidly easy to get in the first place these days here , i have looked at the latest requirements awhile back and compared to the "older days" any kid could do it (the any kid could do it is in a tv advert out here meaning just that , anyone) , i have heard/seen that issue is over there too , i think you guys/gals call it Dumbing Down , well it's been here for years too! AND it's YOUR fault :) .

Maybe and just maybe there is a bit or baiting goin on ? , now i'm outta here quick . 73

W5WN likes this.
  4. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Neither.

W5WN likes this.
  5. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not at all comparable. You never have to leave Australia to take the exams, given locally by a Volunteer Examiner, all the way to our highest class license. Then you can apply for any available U.S. callsign. There is no such equivalency with obtaining the Australian license through a volunteer examiner here in the US. I'm sure there are quite a few hams residing here in the U.S. that would like to have some of those Group A callsigns held by non-U.S. residents that may have never even visited our country.

6. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you Lisa. I was aware that I could report it just as any post. I didn't know that I could also block his PMs. I don't think that will be necessary. I have requested, and he has agreed, to not send me any more PMs. I won't delete what he has already sent, just in case he sends me more from this point forward. Then, I have his actions archived for future reference, if needed.

N6QIC likes this.
  7. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2 + 2 = 5 for exceptionally large values of 2.

8. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I might use "resonates slightly" if I were talking to a non-sophisticated audience to describe either a system being excited by single frequency that's between the peak and the unity gain part of the curve, or if it was highly damped system.

Like on the graph below, where transmissibility is between 1.25 and 1.75.

upload_2018-8-3_9-24-19.png

9. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not exactly.

To get a US license, the licensee must have a mailing address served by USPS where they can receive FCC mail. And the callsign will be from those callsigns allowed to that address.

If it were up to me, only US citizens and legal resident aliens would be allowed to get vanity callsigns.

W5WN likes this.
  10. AC3GO

AC3GO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It’s not up to you or the other want to be vanity boss, thank goodness!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018