750,000!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Apr 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No, I don't hate you. It appears what I say you take extremely personally. What I have to say to you will be in the open, unlike your vulgarity laden PMs to me when you disagree with me. If it wasn't a violation of the site's Terms of Service I would post your vulgar PM to me because you disagree with my political views behind the paywall.

2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

And here you are saying I am looking for a handout, a welfare ham, a street beggar, lazy and a slacker because I want a US license to be able to operate in the US when im visiting family. And you say your post is not directly insulting or hostile. Anyway, 73. Are we done?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  3. W5WN

What I said was collective and not personal. How you wish to see it is up to you. Again, you turn it around and try to make it about me. Sad, sad, sad.:(

4. VK4HAT

You probably should have kept it at personal. At least then you were only insulting one person, rather, now you are insulting numerous people in a collective of which i am still a part of. That is much better LOL

5. W5WN

I am not trying to insult anyone by saying our licensing rules are too liberal. Can a U.S. citizen apply for and receive an Australian, or any other country's license to use around the world? It always seems, as in tarrifs, the U.S. pays a greater price and shoulders a bigger burden.

So, why should non-U.S. licensees be able to apply for and receive highly coveted 1X2 and 2x1 callsigns when they only took a test and don't even live here? You could be the next 1X2 call on the forum. You've never lived in the U.S. but most people reading the forum would never know. It's just wrong. Period. That is my opinion.

I'ts too bad that you see my opinion as insulting to many. I'm sure it probably does. But, I'm not going to shut up because of your vulgar PM to me or your attempt to make it look as if I'm being offending "a collective of which i am still a part of". Sorry OM, if you can't take the heat, don't post in the forum.

6. VK4HAT

Of course you can. If you sit the exam and have an Australian postal address you can obviously get a VK license. Many have done just that. I have a qsl card from an canadian ham with a vk license who does Sota when he is here on holidays, posted from canada. It would seem hams having multiple country licenses is quite common. I fail to see what the fuss is all about.

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Which is a violation of the site TOS; the disclosure of a PM or the vulgarity alleged to be within?

8. VK4HAT

Does it matter? If he was in anyway offended or aggrieved he would have reported his grievance to moderator like a big boy, rather than breaking the rules by posting obvious troll comments for public effect. Why play by the rules, when you can break them yourself and play things out in the court of public opinion. And lets face it, that is exactly what it is about and why he keeps repeating it. All this is just a continuation of something that transpired in the politics forum. Anyway, have put him on ignore and so there wont be any continuance on my part.

9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you are being disingenuous. You explained that....
    ...was the reason you were doing it, now you play it off with the first quote above?

Look, you want to slither around your country's tests you're going to do it and you surely don't need my permission. Just know that there is nothing noble about that. Good luck with that, sir.

NK2U, AC3GO and W5WN like this.
  10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I was only asking because I've gotten some "interesting" things in a PM that would be fun to share with the group.

VK4HAT likes this.