ad: Alphaant-1

750,000!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Apr 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

They are not paying the old rate or if they had remained the new rate so the loss in real dollars would be 5000 x the new rate.

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

That is not the way I see it. The likely would have continued to pay the old $39 rate. That is the only part that was LOST. They decided to not pay the new $49 rate. If the ARRL raised the dues to $1,000 - you could not say they just lost $1,000 for anyone who decided not to pay it. I am not an economics major, but it still seems clear to me.

3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

A lot of foreign hams hold US licenses to. Be interesting to see how many of those are actually non citizens. I will soon hold a US license, using it as a means to get a VK equivalent. Turns out, its easier and more convenient to sit an ARRL exam session in VK than it is to get a VK exam session. Go figure.

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

No problem see it the way you like.... I do.

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey good luck!

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

ROFLMAO! It's hilarious a person would do that.

VK4GAP likes this.
  7. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In U.S. terms, it sounds like a slacker. Get all you can with the least amount of effort. Kind of like our street people in the U.S. looking for a handout. I think the FCC should change the rules to prohibit foreign citizens from taking advantage of us.

AC3GO, WW2E and KY5U like this.
  8. VK4HAT

A whole bunch of vk3's got their extra last weekend, one was a mate of mine, using it to upgrade from Standard to Advanced in VK. Plus a lot of people are obtaining a US license for operating while overseas. Its often easier to get reciprocal in places with a US license than it is with your own countries license. Sounds crazy i know, but its actually a thing, i know a whole bunch of JA's who hold US licenses for that reason. I would be interested to know how many of those 750K licenses are actually non citizens. There is probably no real way to find out. But i figure it might be more than we might assume.

NK2U and KK5JY like this.
  9. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Easier easier, easier. Why don't you work your arses off like the rest of us? That sounds like a 'welfare ham' to me. Disgusting.

AC3GO, WW2E and KY5U like this.
  10. VK4HAT

You really need to let it go OM. We get it, you do not like me, so if you want to hurl insults at me, do so in PM, this just looks petty and childish.