7300 vs 7610 for a Rag Chewer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF5ETD, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Or pick up a used 1500, the QRP Flex. You can go with 5 watts or can drive a linear amp. Either way you can have a more economical introduction to Flex-ness, and have a lot of fun.

NL7W likes this.
  2. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Unless you have money to burn get the 7300 and yes I own one, great little performer on all levels.

KF5ETD likes this.
  3. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Depending on how much you rag chew, and how many bands you do it on, having dual receivers is pretty nice. It is nice to be on one frequency while listening up or down the band for a net or group to start somewhere else. The bling factor of hooking a big display up to the 7610 is also pretty sweet. You won't be disappointed with the 7300 if you do not need or want any of that other stuff. I have them both and they are great rigs. The 7300 is a bargain for how much radio you get.

K3EY and KF5ETD like this.
  4. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That is not a reason.
    I teach because I love the children, does that sound like a reason?

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds more like a reason than an excuse. Do what you love to do Burt. Just do it for the right reasons.

theres that word again.....

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

You're apparently new to how things go on teh zed. Thread drift is normal, anticipated and somewhat mandatory depending on the topic.
    drift racer.jpg

Like W3MMM said, get the 7300 and spend $2000 on better antennas. You will be happier in the long run with better antennas regardless of the radio used. Hook it up to a monitor using the suggestions W4NNF had and be done with it. Enjoy, you lucky [redacted]. :D

K1OIK and KF5ETD like this.
  7. K3EY

He loves his radios.

You nor I have any right questioning such things, makes you sound like some control freak.

If you can’t see that, you are as labeled deserving of the remarks you receive at times.

8. KF5ETD

KF5ETD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see the “3 Stooges” just couldn’t resist hijacking this thread like they ALWAYS do :-/

AE5Z likes this.
  9. K3EY

If you want to change the world, great, but this ain’t place:p

N6QIC likes this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How about showing a little respect for the fellow ham who started this thread?

"Let’s keep this thread about MY question please! If you wanna discuss something different then please start your own discussion. Thank you."

AE5Z, W4POT, AB8MA and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.