7300 nit pic

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by W9WQA, Jul 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

at any tuning speed a "micro"touch of the big knob changes e number,vert touchy.my 450 knob moves about a .1 in b4 changing making it ezr/smoother tuning. i need to grip tight on the 7300 to move 1 number. id like more movement b4 change. even the 1 hrtz rate is fast.

2. DRBEN

DRBEN XML Subscriber

See pages 3-4 and 3-5 in the Full Manual for information on setting tuning steps. Also see page 12-6 for information on setting the Main Dial Auto Tuning Step rate. You probably need to be sure yours is set to OFF.

By the way, your typing is not very easy to read--missing spaces, spelling errors, no capitals, strange abbreviations (hrtz). This is a plain text forum, not CW or cell phone texting. Also, your question is better suited to the Technical forum, not the Equipment Review forum. :)

K4VLF, WG7X and W7UUU like this.
  3. W9WQA

i think i have tried everything in the book tu slo it donw.
    sa arf as pselingl si nocrnde i erah htta uoy anc erda vene fi lal ertltrs era carsmlbde.
    i know my one finger tiping is nto os oogd

WB4WHJ and KA0HCP like this.
  4. W9WQA

i have now tried everything in the book and its still too fast. even at 1 hertz i cant tell i moved the knob and it changes a number. its not like any radio i ever had, not a major problem but it is an irritating.
    i compare to my 450d side by side, the 450 is much better. jfwiw..

5. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

That only works if the first and last letters of the word are correct the rest can be as dirosgasnied as you wnat

KD0PWN likes this.
  6. KC9ZHR

KC9ZHR Ham Member QRZ Page

I tune by ear myself....the display just lets me know I am not out of band.....

7. W9WQA

i just checked my mobile ic 7000, much better,slower , easier to tune. the 7300 is just too sensitive,faster than any radio i ever used.

8. W9WQA

im getting used to it. i notice this is one of standard minor complaints from some others as well so im not alone. sorry for my lousy typing but at this age it aint getting better. tom, 73

9. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well my understanding is that the radio is just a computer dressed up as a radio, so maybe if everyone complains, keep your eyes peeled for a software update to come along and fix it, maybe?

10. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

The one Hertz rate WOULD be fast in terms of the one Hertz indicator but that is all.
    Under the main tuning knob there is a "clutch" lever. Have you adjusted it? If the main tuning knob has no clutch action it will wheel around much more easily than most people care for and be very touchy.
    I have the IC-7600 and have the display set to read out down to "14.200.00" so it is at 10 Hertz steps. Down to 1 Hertz steps is silly and "the number" will fly by at that level, but you are not tuning through a signal any faster.
    On CW I have an option to slow the actual tuning rate to 1/4 so I can tune through a narrow signal or narrow passband more slowly.
    I would bet that adjusting the clutch lever will help you.