ad: Bamatech-1

7100 owners

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by G0OJX, Aug 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. G0OJX

G0OJX Ham Member QRZ Page

hi all,
    i am not sure if i have a problem on dstar 70cms, can some one tell me if you get the radio relay click on tx, it does on all other bands, but no click on 70cms dv mode, im not sure if its working correctly
    Peter G0OJX

2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Click may be coming from amp control relay. Are you using an linear amp on the HF bands? The manual says:

"The SEND terminal of the linear amplifier must be connected to the HSEND (ACC connector pin 3) for the HF, 50/70*
    MHz bands, and to VSEND (ACC connector pin 7) for the 144/430 MHz bands. An external relay must be used.
    * 70 MHz band transmission is available, depending on the transceiver version.
    "

So any relay operating 6m and down would not be heard on 2M. Just a thought.

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What do you mean by "click"? The antenna relay? A response from a repeater when you press PTT?

4. G0OJX

thanks for the info, but its only uhf/vhf , no amp and no hf operation, if i key up on vhf the relay in the 7100 clicks... a good thing, but on uhf is dont, it seems like i tx i think, but on uhf dv my hotspot cant hear me...if that makes sense, so if you are a 7100 owner what i need to know is does your relay latch in the radio when you key up on uhf?

Peter G0OJX

5. KC1DQH

KC1DQH Ham Member QRZ Page

I just tried it on my 7100. I hear the transmit relay clicking on 80 through 2 meters. I do not hear a click when I transmit on uhf (440 MHz). Seems to be working, but it has been a while since I actually spoke to someone on uhf. The band is usually dead around here. Hope this helps.

6. KC1DQH

KC1DQH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just confirmed that it is transmitting on uhf.

7. G0OJX

AAhhhhh, thats just what i need to hear, so its quiet on 70, thanks, thought it was a trip to icom with it,
    i will buy you a pint down the pub.

cheers
    Peter G0OJX