7.000, 40 meter Trash talk

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0UO, Nov 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You sir you are correct in that instance, it would not bode well for our hobby.

My post was meant to be tongue in cheek to SX in regards his specific reference to evidence. :cool:

KP4SX likes this.
  2. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And now the FCC Lobbies just got handed the narrative they need, thanks right from us. Think Fight Club, why do we air our dirty laundry in a forum that is Goggled on the web? There is another forum that Does not get goggled here.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"hearsay" was the operative word. :) It is what it is!

KE0GXN likes this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Dont worry, when the USA loses 40m, you can Peanut on your Talkie Walkie over the InterNuts

W5TTP, K8XG and KE0GXN like this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL! Did they ever get the situation on 31C resolved with the drunk guy who would use the Peanut app to get on there and reek havoc?

6. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

No idea, i actually know nothing about it other than the name HAHAHA

KE0GXN likes this.
  7. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know, I never listen to 31C, 30C sometimes cross mode on my OpenSpot-3 but not much ; mostly Wires-X on local repeaters. Our D-Star repeater in town no longer will link anything for the last 18 months on my TH-D74 or any other radio

KE0GXN likes this.
  8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, please.

First off, unfortunately, the various Powers That Be are well aware of the miscreants. I'm trying to recall all the details, but there have been past incidents at the ITU and some of the WARC/WRC planning meetings, where Amateurs (usually in the form of the IARU, but not always) have asked about additional frequencies... and tapes of the miscreants misbehaving have been played and used against us. So that is nothing new. You think they don't already know where to find the dirt? They don't have to read these forum threads to find out.

Second, this falls on ALL of us for not, over the decades, doing more to get these miscreants to either knock it off or go QRT.

Remember: We begged the FCC for years, during the times of budget related cutbacks, to take more action... or any action. We finally, FINALLY, got the Senior Counsel for Amateur Radio Enforcement. And Riley started to get his staff to gather the evidence that they needed and slowly, slowly started to get things done. And what happened? You had miscreants whine about their rights being taken away; and you had their friends, followers, and sycophants back them up. You had a few using every legal trick on the books to delay, defer, and in some cases defy the FCC. The Federal courts move slowly... and they took advantage of it.

And then Riley retired. His replacement, despite initial words to the contrary, permitted things (or was told to let things) return to the way they were before Riley became SCARE. So, we are right back to where he started... if not worse off.

The FCC pleads limited resources. They appeal for help. They work with the ARRL to revamp the OO program into the VM program, to amongst other things be able to provide legal evidence that will stand up in a court of law (based on what has happened in the recent past). So what do we NOW hear about? How the VM program is pushing people around... how DARE they advise someone, for example, that they aren't clearly ID'ing, or broadcasting weather bulletins in a format beyond what Part 97 permits (to say nothing of using musical tones in clear violation).

I could go on for paragraphs, but I would hope I've made the point by now... do you (the collective you, not you personally) want the bands cleaned up or not? If you do, then why are you putting up roadblocks EVERY STEP OF THE WAY to getting it done?

You simply can't have it both ways. If you believe that these miscreants have a right under the First Amendment to be foul mouthed bullies on the air, making us all look bad... they don't complain when (not if) someone who wants us out of the way, one way or another, uses that against us.

W0FS, KC1NY, KD7LX and 5 others like this.
  9. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QRT or SK...not that fox hunters SHOULD carry Louisville Sluggers, but...

10. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Just remember, it's the speech that is protected - not the moron....

N3RYB and W5TTP like this.