7.000, 40 meter Trash talk

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0UO, Nov 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

40 meter Trash Talk and Obscenities just continues on 7200

I was hoping that the Volunteer Monitors could have some input on working with the FCC on correcting this problem, after a few years.

However today after just tuning across that trash pile of vocal obscenities and garbage heard in the Midwest, I have determined it's as bad or worse than ever.
    And they even move off that frequency and go to others just to harass each other individually.

Today they were making personal attacks about well-known amateur radio operators, very sad.

KE0GXN and (deleted member) like this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

The VMs aren't going to have much ability to deal with this kind of thing.

In order to even attempt enforcement -- even just warnings -- it would requiring identifying the transmitter, its location, and the operator.

That takes people, lots of time, plenty of equipment, and frankly, it requires a regulator who has the authority to knock on doors and demand that the licensee answer questions. That's not the VM program, and it really can't be, practically.

I remember speaking to ARRL employees a few years ago who were trying to get enforcement on far more concrete issues, and they were just being ignored by FCC's EB. They wouldn't say that in public, but if you talked to them privately, they conceded that there wasn't much response from the EB, even for slam-dunk enforcement issues.

N2UHC and (deleted member) like this.
  3. N8ZL

N8ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree that it is very sad, but is the govt going to spend time, money and effort on policing a hobby? Or even should they with all of the really nasty things going on in the world?

NK8I and (deleted member) like this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably LOL.

N4FZ likes this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is the sad reality unfortunately. These idiots go unchecked and are allowed to go outlaw on this specific frequency daily. Yet as evidenced on here, some poor soul allegedly gives a wrong call and gets accused of “broadcasting” a weather report and Riley and his gang of VMs are all over him…:rolleyes:

They apparently have plenty of time and resources to waste on that. o_O

WD4IGX, W9MAV, N3RYB and 5 others like this.
  6. KE0GXN

@K0UO You must have caught them during one of there more friendly and docile exchanges if that is all you heard.

I have heard threats of male rape, assault and all manner of felonious obscenities on there….I guess you tuned in on somewhat of a “peaceful” day. :oops:

WQ4G, KY4GD and K0UO like this.
  7. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, just see this as an opportunity to do a fox hunt event.

W5TTP and W0PV like this.
  8. KE0GXN

I get it….still pi$$es me off though. I have been jammed, had these morons interfere with nets, etc.. But Lord help me if I don’t ID in ten minutes!

KC7JNJ and (deleted member) like this.
  9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I get it, but what can you do other than nothing? It is what it is and no government is going to fund enforcement on a segment of spectrum that earns them nothing and essentially causes them a lot of headaches. You have to be rather stupid and cause real problems to get a knock on the door here. As long as you are not causing harmful interference to telco's radio, tv and essential services, ACMA does not care and if you splatter half of 40m with your over driven amp, hams can harm each other because ACMA have no responsibility to enforce things on the ham bands, by law.

KE0GXN likes this.
  10. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC is receiving new marching orders, new directions, and new priorities. KC5CSG didn't respond to the FO case, so an entry of default was entered by the clerk. I'd guess he wasn't planning to fork over any money anyway, so under the 'Red Light Rule' the FCC could cancel his ticket in late Sept 2023, if he ends up owing the gov $$ before his next renewal date, unless he cures the default by Monday afternoon.

Fed agencies need to find about $367 billion in revenue according to the CBO and that's not going to come from hams. IRS, FCC, FDA, EPA, FAA, FDIC, OCC, CBP, etc. will be working overtime.

FCC will be looking for large settlements with deep pocketed phone companies, telcos of all kinds, large sellers of uncertificated transmitters, and landlords and building owners (new law allows $2 million fine if proven) who knowingly harbor FM pirates, but there will also be lots of outgoing payments for Internet connections for schools and libraries, and payments for phones and Internet connections for poor people, tribes, and rural areas, and there will be waste, fraud, and abuse, as always.

I think ham based language infractions, untimely ID, and minor interference concerns (which is not interference to Air traffic or First Responders), etc., will be handled by Riley via email phone or letter. On the off chance anything official happens enforcement-wise on 40 or 75, most of those guys will have passed beyond the pale before any attempted official sanctions would have any effect anyway. The real menace are the cheap wallwarts and grow lights and uncertificated hand helds -- and they're EVERYWHERE, from the lady with the Xmas lights, to the grower of fine MaryJane down the road. Easier and more profitable to settle with the large seller/importers. The other menace to deal with are about a hundred things like this... FCC Designates Huawei as a National Security Threat..

KY4GD, N8ZL, WA8FOZ and 4 others like this.