6sk7 regen

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KB2WVO, Oct 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

what say you about this ? image below explains it all..
    good bad ugly ?

i have 2 6sk7's and transformer for them.. from a sr22 hallicrafters. its beat up bad. tho guts are good.. who knows. tossin out there for a idea..

looking to make a open faced regen of some sorts. the old classic style... sort of steampunk if you will..

or if theres a better 6sk7 regen out there please let me know.. or tubes from the sr22 that can be used for regen.. besides the 6sk7's

thank you

Attached Files:

2. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KB4QAA

BTW, I"m on a regen receiver kick for the last couple years. Gathering parts to build a Doerle two tube "Signal Gripper". Design is from a Hugo Gernsback publication with six or seven models.

Yahoo has an active Regen forum. "Regenerative Receiver Group". Professor Arnie Coro
    CO2KK, from Radio Havana, posts frequently and contributes designs.
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/regenrx/info

Bruce W1UJR, has an original Signal Gripper:
    [​IMG]

https://w1ujr.com/1930s-doerle-sets-historical-perspective/

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    N2EY, W7UUU and KB2WVO like this.
  4. KB2WVO

both post awsome info... will keep me busy for a few mins lol

the two-er looks sweet... as does the 6k7 rg... ill have to open the s22r up and see whats left in for parts. al tubes are there. so might get 6sk7 and the audio tube out of it.. mmmmmm voltageeeeee lol weeeeeee.... tho the canteen uses 25 volts min. so might try that one with 2 batterys...

maybe turn the s22r into a rregen.. things to make you go mmmmm

KB4QAA likes this.
  5. KB4QAA

"Emergency Preparedness on a Budget" would be a better title.

KC8YLT and KB2WVO like this.
  6. KB2WVO

solar powered... with cut open transistors.

7. KB4QAA

Oops... Somehow wrong thread. Oh, well.

KB2WVO likes this.
  8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In a word:

No.

9. KB2WVO

will bein that the s22r is a death trap. even if rebuilt. i think ill use it for the case and VC and dial... it still has smooth dial gear train. cap truns nice n smooth..

iam not sure if there is a way to get the 25Z5 to a safe place. to be used in the canteen RG. sure would be cool to..

if there is a safe way to use this 25Z5 be cool to know. from the schematic. it shows ac in to 2 points. 1 to ballast. other to the 25z5.
    ballast is the warmers. 25z5 is radio side.

10. KB2WVO

gutted s22r oer nite.
    built the canteen rg. got wwv that was all lol .. it was hummin and buzzin all over. lol
    shall see how it goes. more work on the s22r chassie to get it ready for the canteen rg. or something in there.. who knows lol

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    KB4QAA likes this.