ad: hrd-2

60M on ICOM 756

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by WA1ZPD, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. WA1ZPD

WA1ZPD Guest

Sorry if my second post came off that way, it was supposed to be an attempt at humor. I'll grant you if was a poor attempt. Either way, I do appreciate the info I received. Sorry if I came off wrong.

2. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Pro III comes from the factory with the 60 meter channels already programmed into memory.

Sounds great huh ?

Well, the owners manual tells you to do a complete CPU reset before powering up the new radio for the first time.

Guess what ? -- That clears the 60 meter memory and you have to go in and renter the 4 channels manually.

GO FIGURE ! :confused:

3. K9FV

K9FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Was there not an issue with mod'ing the original 756, and maybe the 756Pro to work on 60 meters? Something to do with the way the filters internally were setup that prevented the mod from working properly? Maybe only allowed partial power or something? Seems like this was one of the "Fixes" the ProII and ProIII did.

Not sure about that, but might bear checking.

Also, not sure why the link to "out of band" mods was made in reference to the 60 meter mod since that is a ham band.... all be it a shared band as is the 30 meter band.

73 de Ken H>

4. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

RCD:

Except you would have to enter 5 frequencies for the 30 meter band (not 4) to restore the capability.

Glen, K9STH

5. K5RCD

Yep, you are correct.

The 4 is right next to the 5 on my keyboard, and my fingers are fat. :eek:

6. K5TEE

K5TEE Ham Member QRZ Page

:confused:
    I am confused (not suprising), How would entering frequencies for the 30 meter band affect the frequencies that were lost to the 60 meter band?
    :confused:
    Did you really mean to say 30 meters or 60 meters?

Thanks,
    Tom

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Post just popped up here.

Today is the first time I saw the question.
    Most newer radios can be made to work the 60 M band.
    My "NEW" rig is a 20 year old TS440s and I only needed to remove one jumper.
    I have the 60M channels programmed into my memory channels.
    The radio has 100 memories and 60 M and WWV is the only use I ever found for them.
    Maybe I could put the 10M FM repeater channels in some of the other memories but the other 85 or so would still be useless. :rolleyes:

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

YOU are only allowed 50 W ERP on 60 M so "partial" power is expected anyway.:eek::eek:

9. K5RCD

Glen's fingers must be even fatter than MINE ! :D

[​IMG]

10. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

My problem is rheumatoid arthritis, not fat fingers :rolleyes:

Glen, K9STH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.