60 meters and CW

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB4MNG, Aug 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Getting ready to try 60 meters. Any tips on cw contacts? What is the most active frequency? Is 60 meters used much at all?

thanks kb4mng

2. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking at the SOTA database, so far this year 68 hams in the USA have activated summits on CW. Worldwide 238 hams have activated summits on 60m CW this year. At least that tells you that there is some CW activity on the band!

3. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to hear a lot of CW on channel 3 - even during the afternoon when I lived in Nebraska. As I recall the 'band plan' called for CW on Ch 1 but
    that may have changed I think 3 is full of Digital now.

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

By the way, how is that petition coming for getting us a mini-band on 60m, instead of channels?

60m has a lot of potential if we could just get some more space.

KP4SX likes this.
  5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If trying 60 meters for the first time it's good to read and understand the rules and regs that apply to that band. From time to time I hear stations that apparently skipped that important step.

WU8Y likes this.
  6. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Made a few cw and ssb contacts over the last couple of days. Little activity buy may be due to propagation.

K3XR likes this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Or parts swappers. :p

NY4Q and K6CLS like this.
  8. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

60 is great for FT8. Got all 50 states in about a week. Plenty of DX on there too. 107 and counting