6 mo old 7300 what would be a fair listing price?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N1GMV, May 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1GMV

N1GMV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am planning on selling my IC7300 that I purchased last November from HRO. The rig is in perfect condition and I have all the paperwork and original packaging. I am selling it because I just ordered a new 7610.

My question is what should be a fair price to list it for here on QRZ? I will have to figure in shipping and PP fees. Like I said the rig is like brand new, always kept covered and I even put a screen protector on it. It is a really great radio!

2. WA9SDJ

WA9SDJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I bought one new for $999 with free shipping from DX Engineering, so I'd guess no more than ~$850.

3. AF7ON

AF7ON Ham Member QRZ Page

There was a recent thread on this. I use 75% of current listed price as a guide point for used gear, maybe more for current items in demand. Icom 7300s have been listed around 85% to 90% of current street price and probably sell a bit below that. I wouldn't pay more than $850 shipped, personally, so agree with WA9SDJ.

You'll like the 7610 - I've had one for a month now.

Mike
    AF7ON

KB4QAA likes this.
  4. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Saw one for sale at Southington 6 weeks ago or so, for $800. and it was still there at 11am as I left.

Saw an IC-7300 at Hamvention on Friday the gent was asking $750.
    I stopped at his booth Saturday and asked if he sold it, he said yes.

5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

but,.... what was the actual final selling price?

I bet it was less than $750.

6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

The rest of the story, he said he got $750. It did have the box with it. :)

He said he sold it before Noon Friday, I saw it before 8:45am; while walking around before I set up my for sale stuff.

7. N1GMV

N1GMV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks all, yeah just noticed that someone posted the same thing, sorry for not searching first! I am going to check with my local club members, if no takers I will list it here next week. 73 all!

8. N2RDQ

N2RDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

850 sounds about right, got a like new used one myself 3 mo. ago for that..

K2HAT likes this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

It should sell easily at 850. I've seen some less than that but they get snatched up in a heartbeat. You might have to wait a few hours.

K2HAT likes this.
  10. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

When all states start charging sales tax from stores, the price of used gear is going up. Bet on it.