ad: CQMM-1

6 Meter/50mhz Magnetic Loop For FT-8 And More

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Dec 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, I concede---those are all good rhetorical questions to pose---after mulling it over I think I was simply bowled over by the CNC loop's elegant beauty more than anything else. If I had and could use a TIG welding set up I'd probably be making the larger aluminum versions like VE3UK has been doing as well as Cirro Mazzoni. Their art in that mode amazes me.

True, though, there is nothing really new under the sun.

Jeff

KD7CAC likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

BUT there could be....that's the point.

It is very elegant. I suggest that VE3UK come up with a smaller one that fits flat in a backpack. Come up with a cool flat cap design as part of that... 6M FT8 SOTA is very intriguing...no one wants to carry a loop that takes up too much room or is in need of mechanical support...a FLAT embodiment, stiff, heck: that is a great idea.

AK5B likes this.
  3. I8QJU

I8QJU Ham Member QRZ Page

video, excellent explanation.

4. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

ft8 is going crazy now is the new toy in town. i had never operated on 6 meters in over 40 years on the radio. im giving it some serious thought now. i will keep this loop in mind.

5. MM6ECO

MM6ECO Ham Member QRZ Page

I think loops are amazing! Being licensed to 10Watts I purchased an alexloop but over time I have made a few loops myself. The capacitor is the most important item to get right!
    A good capacitor with good gaps works better than the capacitors that are tight together. At 10W this is not really a problem but higher power it`s very important...

6. KA5Z

KA5Z Ham Member QRZ Page

7. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FT-8, 50.313 MHz Region2 - Lots of activity.. Winter Es! 73, Eric

VE3UK likes this.
  8. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

[deleted]