ad: M2Ant-1

Wanted 5BDXCC Plaque [or tile], pre 2017

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W5MT, Jun 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W5MT

W5MT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 5BDXCC plaque I received in Feb 2018 which is similar in style to the original plaque, but the painted tile within the wooden plaque is of poor quality, low color contrast; also there is no red stripe around the perimeter and the ARRL logos are of such low contrast they almost look like totally black diamonds. I just don't like it and refuse to display it on the wall of my shack.

I am looking for an earlier generation plaque, pre-2017, with the bright, colorful and distinctive painted tile. Obviously the tile alone would be great, but I don't see that item being easily separated from the plaque.

Presumably this might come from someone no longer into ham radio or possibly a SK's estate whose family did not wish to keep the item. I would refurb the plaque, apply the endorsement stickers (that I have never put on my plaque) and have a print shop duplicate my ID plate (Award #, Callsign and Date) to attach to the "new" one. I don't think I can get my ID plate off without damaging it, but a print shop could easily duplicate it.

TIA and 73
    Matt W5MT

K2CD likes this.
  2. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.