51 years ago....hard to believe

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KL7AJ, Apr 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

So far ahead of its time:

Wish I could write stuff like this *sigh*

AC0GT likes this.
  2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I love the clear plastic logic modules! And where are the wires? That has got to be the neatest computer installation in the history of computers.

3. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw it when it came out at a theater that they only made a few , with curved screen , it was the Cooper Theater - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinerama
    As a kid , it gave my neck a workout , also saw Blue Max , Grand Prix , by then I had really strong neck muscles , the seat also reclined .
    It's long enough since the last one , TIME FOR THE NEXT one to come out ;)

So Eric , I see you changed your avatar , are things going south , into the crapper ;)

4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I read in a survey somewhere that Russians think 2001 was the best sci-fi movie made, more so than their beloved Solaris. (Having seen both, I'd agree.)

At least the logic modules look modern--in the old Star Trek TV series, their square memory cards looked to be of painted wood.

When shown in the theaters, stoners would wait to time their downing of acid to "experience" the "light-show" at the end.