50 Mile Radius Award Requirement

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KE5BM, Jun 29, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KE5BM

KE5BM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good Morning everyone!

So I was looking through my logbooks on QRZ today and closing out my last location (verifying awards and confirmations and such) and got to looking at the requirements for multiple logs. Reason being, I'm military so I move often. In fact, I currently have 6 logbooks in QRZ because everytime I move, I have to start a new logbook for the new location. Well, my current QTH is 52 miles away from a previous transmitter location I had which got me thinking....

If I have two logbooks from two different locations, they CAN be combined together for awards assuming they are "within 50 mile radius of a given geographic point." My initial interpretation of this rule is 50 miles from one transmitter to the other...but the "given geographic point" makes me wonder if I centered a point between the two locations and both were still within a 50 mile circle...does that count?

Ross - KE5BM

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That is a reasonable interpretation of the rules.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its interesting that they used "50 mile radius" instead of "within 100 miles".

4. KE5BM

KE5BM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd like to add that the ARRL's rules for WAS specifies that the two locations must be no further than 50 miles from each other. Thank you for the replies!

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page